Chapter Four

I awoke... dark and cold. Something told me I wasn't all right. My eyes were barley open... before I closed my eyes again, I noticed I was under a tree, covered in a canopy of vines. At least I'm safe now. That's all that matters. My eyes were now fully opened. I looked around and noticed five boys sitting around me. Yep, those boys were boys I knew. I sat up... and no one noticed me. They were all to busy burying their faces in their hands and weeping. I don't remember a clue how I got here. Obviously one of the boys found me. Five minutes passed... and still no one noticed me. I sat on a table, yes a table. Those sorry boys put me on a table. No wonder my back was as stiff as a rock. I sat there rubbing it. Until some hard hand slapped my back. "Ow!" I screeched in pain. I whipped around, and of course it was the "shop-lifter," Peyton. "Sorry, I didn't mean to." That's all you here out of that guy. "You didn't mean to? Really?" He looked at me bewildered. "Sorry, it's just that hurt. And I'm already sore from earlier." "Your right. I was just excited to see you up." Ok, so maybe he's cool, I don't really know. "You sure had some knockout there? Didn't you?" "Yeah I just remember getting punched, and falling. That's all. How did I even get here anyway?" "Well, me and Billy were walking to the hideout, when I noticed a blue mustang. Three boys were huddled around something. And of course I got suspicious. So, I went over to them... and saw you. Me and Billy were so shocked... that we started chasing the boys and throwing rocks at them and their "precious" car. When they were gone, me and Billy picked you up and took you here. So, there's your answer." So that's how I got here... knew it. "Well, thank's for not leaving me out there." "No problem." I smiled at him, and he gently patted my head and walked off.