hell on earth

"ARJUN MERI BACHA...BHAAG!" I yell in terror to my 5 year old son. I feel another blow to my face. "Dekh...Raj, mujhe chordo... please!" i plead to my husband, towering over me like Godzilla, his beady eyes full of terror, holding an extremely large pair of pliers, dragging it behind him like he has some ulterior motive. He starts to corner me near the window. "My life's going to end right here, in this corner." i think to myself. "Raj, do what ever you want to me, but please, please do NOT hurt my son... our son!" I beg searching his eyes to find some source of sympathy or fatherhood in him. "Of course the kid is going to be safe... *snicker* I made him after all, he's mine, but you... YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SH-" he yells at me as i fall unconscious to another blow to the head. The last things I remember from that night was reaching up to touch my head and seeing blood transferred to my hands, then him dragging me towards the steps leading to the master bedroom, Everything he said to me or did to me was distorted, i only heard a faint buzzing sound and felt nothing.

-next morning-

I wake up with a groan clenching my sides in pain. I look down, and see only sheets, i peek under and I have nothing on . I look over and see Raj still asleep, no shirt on with a grin on his face. I clench the sheets, and tears start streaming down my face, coming to the realization that I've been raped. I climb out of bed and walk to my closet and slip on a lose dress. I walk over to the side of the bed to get a stool so I can stand on it to get me and Arjun's suit cases, I mean we can't keep living like this. I walk over to my dresser and organize my makeup n stuff in my suitcase, I'm going to take my wedding jewelry with me... he doesn't care for me. I quickly turn around to see if Raj has woken up and I drop the only picture on my dresser... our wedding picture. It hits the floor with a loud BANG and all the Glass from the frame broke. I look in fear towards the bed, luckily he didn't get up, he just fidgets everywhere and there's a flustered look on his face but all of that goes away in 10 seconds. I breathe a sigh of relief and head to get a broom and scoop to clean the broken glass. I glance down the hall to Arjun's room and I take his suit case with me. I look around too see if he's in sight. I check his bathroom, nope, his closet, nope. I finally check under he bed, my poor baby boy huddled in a ball with a look of fear on his face while he's dreaming. I pick him up and rest him on my lap, on his bed. He starts to calm down and starts to go soundly asleep. I raid his whole closet and put all his clothes in his suit case. I quickly head back to the room where the devil in human form resides and start putting all my clothes into my suit case. I quickly get towels and blankets and pillows and put them into a duffel bag, along with our toothbrush and other hygienic items. I quickly change into some sweatpants and a tshirt then head back into Arjun's room. I shake him lightly. "Arjun.... Arjuuuun" I coo in his ear. He starts to wake up. "Ma..." he says fluttering his eyes open. I take out some clothes for him while he's adjusting to everything. "Yes beta, Kya hua?" I say trying to force a smile on my face. "Are you okay?" He asks. He's too young to understand what had happened last night. "Yes of course mommy's okay, why would you ask?" I say trying to play it off. "You were  screaming...a lot last night, and forgot to sing me my lori" he says with a sad face. I walk up to him and put his shirt on. I give him a smile, "Meri Bahadur Bacha Kaun?" I say tickling his stomach a little bit. I finish getting him dressed, I bring everything with me down stairs. I start making breakfast. "Mama are we going on a trip?" Arjun asks out of curiosity when he notices the suitcases. "Yea. Just me and you, partners in crime, a lambi trip! You excited?!" I ask. "YEA!"Arjun says excitedly.