Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Say What!!? Kota, this guy likes you I'm telling you. Why don't you give it a shot? He seems sweet from what I heard from you right now." said Maggie enthusiastically.

Last night when Dakota returned from her little ice cream treat with Jonathan, she got a surprise. Well it was not that kind of a surprise. She knew Maggie was here. But she was surprised at the fact that she didn't expect Maggie to live just the next door. And now she was telling her about Jacob and surely as expected, Maggie said the words which Dakota had thought she would say.

So here they were, sitting on the breakfast table, with heavenly pancakes in a dish front of them. Margaret was preparing the pancakes and putting it on their plates so that they could eat their healthy breakfast which ironically wasn't healthy.

"I don't think so mags. But I really think he is sweet and you know, this is my crucial year. Being in a relationship is the last thing I would wanna do." Dakota finished wiping the napkin around her face.

She started walking off, getting her bag from the couch while Maggie was blabbering about something to Margaret.

A horn honked and Dakota smiled knowing her friend was here. She told Maggie to hurry as it was her first day and she should not get late for it.

Dakota went towards Margaret, gave her a kiss on the cheek and bid her goodbyes.

The horn was honking repeatedly until that particular person saw the glimpse of a little somebody whom they had grown to like.

Jonathan's mouth hung open when he saw Maggie along with Dakota. Dakota had known he had grown a liking towards Maggie the moment she saw his expression in the café the other day.

"Close your mouth. There are way too many flies roaming around to get into your mouth." Dakota taunted.

"Well I was just checking my breath, haa haa!" he faked trying to act like he was checking his breath. He continued, "But what is it to you? I can do whatever I want. Free country."

Dakota laughed inwards seeing her friend being nervous, like cat got its tongue.

"Ya sure. Why not?! Who am I to interfere your little checking out session?" Dakota said with a smile.

Jonathan was going to say something smart after hearing what Dakota had said but he stopped again when he saw Maggie jogging down the porch steps.

Maggie being right behind Dakota now, spoke, "Hey guys! I'm here. So let's rock the day, shall we?"

Seeing her energy, Jonathan faked a dialogue in the most pathetic way he could. In a girly manner he said, "Ooh! Yes we shall!! Who are we?"

Playing along with him Maggie said, "The champions!!Whoa!"

Dakota just shook her head putting her palm on her forehead and mumbling, "I've got nincompoops as my friends."

Maggie heard her mumbling and asked, "What!"

Dakota replied sarcastically, "Nothing! We won't be able to rock your day here until you both cats stop screaming!"

Maggie laughed while Jonathan just glared at being called a cat. He shaked the thoughts and just continued to stare at the road while Maggie and Dakota got into their seats.

"From tomorrow onwards, Maggie will be sitting shotgun." Jonathan said.

"And why is that? I am your best friend so I get to sit shotgun. No offence Maggie." Dakota said smiling very sweetly at Jonathan.