Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Oh man! This is delicious! Who made such a perfect thing?" Jonathan exclaimed taking another bite of his chicken.

Yes. So to begin with, these guys are at Maggie's place for her parents' anniversary. They were at the dining table, where Jonathan was in between Dakota and Maggie. They were hungry, very to be exact. So just when Mrs. Johnson announced that the dinner is ready, the three of them shamelessly ran towards the dining table, and sat on the seats giggling to themselves while doing that. They were having their moments and were happy.

"Soooo! A little birdie told me that you and Jacob went on a little date yesterday." Maggie said whispering amongst the three of them.

Dakota blushed a deep red, and her eyes widened. She glanced at her aunt having the food silently, while laughing at something Mr. Johnson was saying.

Aunt Margaret!

"What?!!" Jonathan shouted too loud, choking on his wine. Now the whole table was looking at the three of them.

"Oops! I guess something unexpected entered my ears, and I need to just get rid of it." Jonathan said exclaiming.

"What the hell does it mean Dakota? I thought you said you had no feelings. Well there is no problem but when? How? Where?" asked Maggie.

"First of all keep your voice low Maggie. Secondly we will talk about this later. Now I just want to have this delicious cuisine whose name I don't even know. So shut up, eat and let eat." said Dakota.

They all nodded and then completed their food in peace. After the dinner was over, the three of them decided to go to the park. Taking their overcoats, they headed to the park. Considering that it was near to the end of September, it was starting to get chilly. Especially at night.

The three of them started walking on the footpath. As usual Jonathan was in between them and on either side, the two girls.

"So now! Spill Dakota." Said Maggie getting excited each second.

"There is nothing as such to spill Maggie. It's just that yesterday I was writing daily quotes for my poetry book, and then suddenly I got flashbacks and memories of my parents. I was really sad and emotional. So I don't know why, but I picked Jacob and called him up. He came there literally in just ten minutes and took me to the cemetery. I cried my eyes out, sobbed, threw tantrums, and he took everything very calmly. He calmed me and just to change the mood, he took me for a late lunch and then I felt like walking for a while so he just accompanied me. I told him if he had work, he could leave. But he was so hell bent on just being with me. I don't know Maggie, each day, these feelings just grow stronger, and I can't help it." Dakota explained, sighing at the end.

"This is what happens when you try to control your feelings. Look Dakota, I am not forcing you to be in a relationship with him, but you can at least try. Don't control everything. Just let it go. Just let it go on its own way and be ready to face anything. Just do that for one day, and look what happens." Maggie said motioning her to understand.

"I think Maggie is right Dakota. You think too much of the future. Just live in the present, live a little, catch what God is willing to throw at you. Just don't be so worried and controlling all the time." Jonathan said smiling at both of them.

Maggie smiled thinking that he supports her and took her side. Well she didn't want that. Oh no she exactly wanted that. Meaning she was glad that he took her side, but she also knew that, she was right that is why he agreed at the first place.

"I will think about it." said Dakota.

"Rather, you are saying 'him' in your mind." Exclaimed Maggie mischievously.