Chapter One | Part One - It's All A Blur

From a very early age, Keith was bullied. Attending a public school was probably not a good idea, but he was forced to do so by his "parents". These "parents" love and take care of Keith, but he doesn't call them real when he knows for a fact they aren't. Keith likes to believe they're only temporary. 

My father died before he knew I existed, hanging himself from the stress, and my mother got in a car crash after hearing the news. 

          I like to believe that those events never happened.

I was in the car with her.

          I like to believe that my family was still alive.

When the car was hit, it flipped onto its roof and skidded across the lanes. The police came and found me unconscious lying among the remains. After waking up, the doctors told me I had retrograde amnesia. I don't know what happened that day... Or anything before that really. Acquaintances  of my parents have tried to explain, but I never really understood. It's all just such a blur. 

But sometimes, I try to imagine what could have possibly made my family be torn to pieces. 

          I like to believe that it couldn't have been me... Right?

//

          Pidge was the bookworm. Pidge was always happy. Pidge was encouraging, and never let anyone doubt themselves. Pidge was always ready to go on another adventure. And Pidge was Keith's best friend. 

          When Keith would come to school, Pidge would always be right at his side, never letting her eyes wander from him for a second. Pidge and Keith became closer everyday they were with each other. Pidge only felt pure happiness during those golden days. But Pidge understood that those times would not last forever. She knew the bullying was only getting worse, and that she wasn't strong enough to stop it. Above all, Pidge knew the consequences if she left him alone... It happened once, and she vowed never to let it happen again.

-

-

-

[ A / N ] Hello! This will shortly be my first fan fiction series, and I'm so excited to see my idea being put into words. I'd love to know what your Kidge head canons are ( I might even add some into the story~) and if you have any ideas for characters! This is a bit of a rare pairing, but cute nonetheless. If you have any helpful advice, be sure to leave a comment! With that said, see you next time folks!