Chapter 10:

I ran quicker then ever before down to poke's house in hopes he would wake up when I arrived. Sure enough, when I rang his doorbell, I heard the slow cautious footsteps down his stairs and to the door. i waited for a moment, but he still didn't open the door, so I text him to make sure he knew it was me. Without waiting, he flung the door open; I ran in already calling the police.  
" Joe, what the fuck is going on?! You just barged into my house, and now you are calling someone instead of explaining yourself!? Tell me what is going on, " poke pleaded angrily.
" hello, this is 911, what is your emergency? "
" hi, someone just Broke into my house and shot my mother. I ran before he could get to me. Please he.. " I started sobbing before I could finish my sentence. Poke  took the phone out of my hand, and brought me to the sofa. Once we were sitting down, he took me into his arms, and carried on telling the police everything they needed to know before hanging up. He put the phone down, and we sat in silence for a bit just hugging. I wasn't really hugging him, I was just crying into his shoulder. I couldn't stop, it's all I knew what to do. My whole life had just been flipped upside down, and I didn't do anything to stop it. It was all my fault.
After a long silence, poke whispered, " I'm so sorry... I hope that son of a bitch gets caught, and brought to justice. If I ever find out who it is, I will personally give them a beating. "
" poke, please. I couldn't care less what's happened anymore. I don't have anything left. My mum was the only good thing in my life. I-I loved her... So much.. "
" please don't say that, you have me. I-I.. "
" you what poke?! What! You know what? I shouldn't mean anything to you because after all, I was just some stupid bet. You never cared, for all I know, this is some other bet you set with Jordan. You couldn't care less about me. Come'on. Tell me. You couldn't give a shit. "
Poke didn't say anything. He just sat there, thinking hard while staring at his twiddling thumbs. This was so dumb. Of course, he didn't care. I should've known better then to come here.

• poke's pov •
( OmG poke's PoV?! It only took me 10 chapters. )

".... You couldn't give a shit, " Joe screamed at me.
It hurt to know the love of my life thought I hated him, or didn't care. I cared about him more then anyone in the world. The bet made me realise just how much I liked him, and how much I needed him. But Joe wouldn't like any guy like me, especially after everything I've already done to him.
I hate seeing him angry at me, yet I feel like now is the best time to tell him how I feel. Or rather show him.
After about a full minute of silence along with a few short sharp inhaled and exhales from Joe, I looked up from my gaze on my thumbs, stroking the side of his face with my hand. He looked at me, teary-eyed. He looked so lost without his mum. I can't imagine anything as horrible as that happening to my mum. Well, I could and do every night. God, how I hated my mum with all her homophobic shit. She could die in hell for all I cared. She was no part of me anymore.
" please poke.... " he took a long breath in, " ... Please just kiss me, " the tears welling up in his eyes, and the occasional snort of his nose.
I stared into those beautiful eyes of his which were glued to the ground. I lifted his chin up gently, and said, " don't be afraid of me, I won't ever hurt you, ever. " he nodded and wiped away his streaming tears.
I wanted his incredible face to be the thing I open my eyes to after the kiss, so I can remember what I will be fighting for later on in life.

He was worth it.

I slowly pulled his chin closer to mine before he started to realise what I was doing, and leaned in closer. I closed my eyes just before I connected our lips. It was slow, and soft. I never wanted it to stop. I could still sense joe's pain while kissing him, but I felt his body relax under my grip.
Once I pulled away, he almost seemed out of breath. He honestly just looked tired.
" poke, I-I.. "
" don't rush into anything, I will wait for you to feel comfortable. Even if it means forever. I will be here. "
Joe pulled me into a hug as he yawned onto my shoulder.
" someone tired? You can stay here since you don't really have a place. Oh, I almost forgot! The police! The guy! Won't they want us there to explain everything more? " i felt Joe sigh into my shoulder. He groaned before lifting out of my arms.
" we told them all we know. Besides, I don't think I could keep myself together over there. Too many things happened there earlier. I just... Wouldn't be able to handle it. " letting out another sigh, I wiped away the falling tear from his cheek.
" alright then, let's head to bed. I have a spare bedroom you coul- "
" can I sleep in with you? I- I still don't feel safe around here. I mean, I just want to know someone's there," Joe whispered.
" I will always be here, Joe. "

( hi , RIP Joe's mum :( vote if you enjoyed and I will try get a chapter out tomorrow night )

-a. Xx