C H A P T E R 16

AMELIA'S POV

"What are you doing here?" His stern and flinty voice brought me out of my thoughts. He was looking calm without even a tint of anger on his face. He was wearing a white shirt which was emphasizing the rippling muscles under it with grey sweat pants. He hands were covered in mud showing that all the effort here was done by him.

"Um...nice garden." I said nervously stuffing my hands in jean pockets casually.

He nodded at me.

"Where's Madeleine?" I was looking everywhere except him.

"We're here!" I abruptly turned around and here they were again giggling like little lunatics.

"I-I think we should go now." I said as I gestured for Madeleine to come to me. And she obeyed.

"NO!" Dwayne whined.

"Dwayne we will come back some other time."

Dwayne frowned and ran to Alarick. Clutching his sweat pants he pleaded,

"Please tell them to stay. I want to play with Madeleine. She is my beeeest friend."

I saw Alarick stiffened.

"You can stay." He said with an extremely annoyed expression.

"I-"

"Stay." He said and left immediately after.

"Hey Dwayne why's your uncle such a freak?" I asked looking at Dwayne.

"Don't know." He answered and we both chuckled.

"Madeleine let's go to my room."

Both of them ran away leaving me all alone again.

I was sitting extremely bored on the couch in living room when I got a brilliant idea. I decided to explore the place and find Pokémon. I don't know but I am sure that I will find Pikachu here.

I started with the kitchen. The kitchen was more than just a kitchen. It was marvelous with all the black and white tiles, black wood cupboards along the wall and a white marble kitchen island below the cupboard. There were foot length windows in a corner giving a fabulous view of the lush green gardens. Come on! I can even live my whole life in this kitchen. I found a Pokémon here but I couldn't find Pikachu in here. So I left because the two maids were looking at me like I was some type of Psycho.

Leaving the kitchen I began ascending the stairs. I must find it. My sixth sense is bawling at me that Pikachu is somewhere near. When I reached the second floor. There were so many rooms. I had to check each and every room but Pikachu wasn't there.

I decided to explore the third floor so I ascended the stairs and caught another Pokémon. I was walking when I noticed two double doors at the end of hallway. My curiosity was taking over my sixth sense and here I was standing right in front of the doors with one of my hands on the door knob.

I pushed open the door slowly and peeped inside. My eyes widen when I realized I was in a wrong place. It looked like I was in study room. Alarick was sitting in his seat behind the large Mahogany table but he was sleeping peacefully. I was going to close the door when an idea popped in my mind. I quickly stepped inside closing the door behind me.

Am I trespassing?

Of course not!

I slowly tip toed towards his table. Standing right in front of him, I leaned a bit to see if he was really sleeping. His long lashes were fanning his high cheek bones. I noticed he had clean shaved. I waved my hand over his face but he was sleeping soundly. I cleared my throat to see if he was a deep sleeper and yes because there was no response.

Finally I opened the zip of my bag and dug into it while trying to be as quiet as I could. Taking out my liquid eyeliner, I smiled evilly at him.

With two long strokes of my really expensive eyeliner, I made a perfect moustache over his lips. I always find moustache little too creepy and boy I hate men with long long moustache who keep rolling them from the corners. I leaned back to look at my handy work but it seem like it was a bit incomplete.

I took out my bright red lip gloss and draw few spots on his cheeks and forehead. I was just going to laugh out loud when I slapped my hand against my mouth which muffled my laugh. Giving him a final touch by making a big red spot over the tip of his nose, I threw my things back into the bag.

I quickly took my phone out and opened the camera app. Taking a few good clicks of his handsome face and my beautiful artwork, I quickly left the room and ran back to the living room.

"Is anyone home?!" I heard the yell and quickly turned around and frowned when I saw Layla standing in the doors. She looked at me with a shocked expression.

"What are you doing here?" We both said at the same time.

"I am here with Madeleine. I told you I live in the building on the other side of the road." I explained my presence, "But what are you doing here at this time of the day?!"

"I-I...I am his secretary. I am here to....discuss some...work." She said nervously with a bit of anger in her voice and I eyed her suspiciously.

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course. Now where's Mr. Knight?" She said as she walked towards me.

"How would I know?" I shrugged but almost giggled when I remembered his face.

"Ria!" Layla yelled and one of the maids ran out of the kitchen.

"Yes mam?" she asked bowing a little. I arched my brow at the gesture.

She didn't bow at me! Not that I wanted her to but why's she bowing at Layla?

"Call Mr. Knight. Say that I am waiting for him downstairs." She said settling herself on the couch. I eyed her outfit which wasn't near formal or casual but was one of the skimpiest dresses in the whole world.

I was picking at my loose strands of hair when I heard soft footsteps. My head snapped towards the source and I began laughing like a maniac. He literally doesn't know what I freakin' did with that handsome face of his.

I looked at Layla who was looking at Alarick with eyes bulging out while Ria was giggling with her hand placed on her mouth but here I was clutching my stomach tightly and laughing my brains out.

"WHAT?!"

*

*

*

*

*

Oh dear Amelia, what did you do?!

BTW, I know I am being really generous by updating twice a day but there's a reason behind this update and that is,

This book has now 10k reads!

Tysm fellas! The loveliest people out there who stick to this book no matter how cliche it is, the author loves you all ❤❤

-Till the very next time,
Shanza