1st Movement (Part 2)

She continues to explore this world, but it holds so many secrets...

1st Movement "Wonder Tree" (Part 2)

4m..

Yesterday,——since I didn't know what the time was, I always called the time before I slept as 'yesterday'——I slept after skipping with Deemo, but in the end I never saw a fun dream.

But if I were to think about it, from the moment I came here, whenever I went to sleep when bored (or rather, I just happened to fall asleep), I never had any "dream". I never had any, not even once.

(I wonder why...?)

Before I came to this world——recently, bit by bit, I'd began to remember some things——I had always, or you could say definitely, would have dreams when I sleep.

And yet why did I become unable to have any dreams...?

It is said that when people grow into adults, they become unable to dream. That was what someone I couldn't remember had said to me once.

Perhaps, while I was here, I had at some point grown into an adult...?

(Well... That can't be possible.)

After all, no matter how I looked at myself, I looked nothing more than a small little girl. That much could be seen without using a mirror. Plus, the height of the things around me hadn't changed at all since the day I fell from the window, and Deemo was still very tall to me.

However, only the mysterious tree continued to exceed this little me.

(It seems that the tree sprout grows even taller whenever it hears a new song...)

That was just how I felt as I sat beside Deemo every day to look at the tree. Rather, I was certain that it was so.

Which was why, sometimes, I felt that the tree had some kind of emotion. It was like it was in love with Deemo's piano... Or perhaps, every time Deemo played the keys, life would be blown into it... I thought that such mysterious phenomena might be happening inside the tree's trunk.

Ah... There were many mysterious things happening in this world. My heart really wanted to know what this mysterious tree might eventually grow into from here on out.

(But still, Deemo's sure taking his time...)

Since a while ago, Deemo had went into the study but had yet to return. Usually he would have quickly returned to play the piano...

Unable to wait any longer, I decided to call Deemo. I headed to the study, slowly opened its door, and peeked into the room.

At that moment——the Masked Lady, who had always been sleeping, slowly lifted her head and looked at me.

(Eh...?)

It startled my heart, and growing afraid, I hurriedly shut the door and returned to the tree's room as though to escape.

(Just now... It felt as though I met the Masked Lady's gaze...)

As I tried to calm my heart, which was beating more than usual, I headed towards the giant stump.

In a world that had become as confusing as this, I believed that what had just happened was most probably a dream. Because, somewhere in my heart, I had thought that it would be better if the Masked Lady remained asleep forever. I thought that it would be better if she never woke up.