1st Movement (Part 3)

Just what is the secret that lies in the new room?

1st Movement "Wonder Tree" (Part 3)

11m..

(Still, this wheel gives me a bad feeling...)

Before my eyes was the room on the right——let's call it the painting's room——and every time I enter it, there would always be the wheel that would give me unpleasant feelings. It has a presence that seems like it would fall out of my sight if I wasn't conscious of it. For some reason, whenever I set my eyes on it, I would once again be overcome by a disgust strong enough to make me want to vomit...

(I don't want to touch this wheel, but it's in the way. I should throw it out the window...)

Rather than not wanting to touch it, I was just afraid to... That was perhaps how I honestly felt.

However, every time I came to this room, I just couldn't ignore the existence of the wheel. That itself was something I couldn't bear for some reason. Determined, I lifted the heavy wheel and threw it out of the large window. In my wide yet narrow field of vision, the wheel kept on falling, deeper and deeper, into the darkness of the endless world...

When I finally lost all sight of the wheel, I let out a sigh of relief. At that instant, from the tree's room, I could hear Deemo starting to  that he had never played before.

(It's a new song...!)

Maybe I can see the large tree grow even bigger again.

Thinking that, I rubbed my dirty hands on my skirt, and cheerfully returned to the tree's room.

But at that moment——from somewhere, the Masked Lady appeared. I hadn't even felt her presence. With a sudden force she grabbed my wrist and pulled me to a halt.

"Hey, could you just stop with all this nonsense?"

And, unlike before, she used a tense voice as she spoke those words.

"W...hy...?"

That voice of hers... For some reason, it felt like it was squeezing the insides of my chest. It was like, yes... like the Masked Lady's heart had been transferred to me——...

"Whatever the case, I want you to stop. This is not just for me, but for your sake as well."

After a moment's silence, the Masked Lady uttered that like letting out a sigh, and began walking about as though to roam the room.

She looked as though she was irritated by something, as though she was sad about something, as though she was desperately trying to stop something that could not be seen——

                                                          「———Just stop... Stop playing it...」

12m..

Around this time, I would head to the painting's room whenever I grew bored and stare into the large window, like looking at an empty fish tank. This time Deemo was probably off to read a book, as I couldn't hear the sounds of the piano. As a result, everything was deadly silent.

"The outside of the window seems cold today too..."

Unable to stand the quietness, I spoke meaninglessly with a sigh. Because the fog was so thick, it was impossible to see anything no matter how hard I stared into it. I didn't know what else to do. However, whenever I stared out the window like that, for just a little bit, my heart would calm down.