fourth of July

Dean pulled up to the edge of a dirt road.
"Dean, what are we even doing here?" Sam asked looking out the window.
Dean smiled opening his car door, pulling the keys out of the ignition. "You'll figure it out." He winked slamming the door shut.
Sam sighed leaning back into the car seat. "Dean, we should be home."
"Why?"
"It's a holiday, Dean. We spend it with family. We should be with dad." Sam explained getting out of the car. "Let's go home."
"Dad's out drinking he won't care." Dean said popping the back of the trunk open digging around. "Stop being such a buzz kill." He mumbled.
Sam moved behind Dean peeking over his shoulder. "It's my job."
Dean rolled his eyes chuckling. "You're such a goody two shoes."
"One of us has to be."
Dean picked up a box of fire works. "Shut the trunk, would ya?"
Sam nodded doing as told hiding the fact that he hated this. He hated the fact he was willing to do anything for Dean in a blink of an eye no matter how dangerous or reckless may be. He rather do it with Dean and get hurt with him than Dean do it alone and get hurt. 'Anything for you.' Sam thought following Dean into the field.
"Dean I think this is somehow illegal."
"We've done way worse than this, Sammy. Now shut up and stop worrying for once." Dean said smiling brightly down at his lanky brother.
Sam glanced down blushing. Dean looking at him always made him blush let alone when he smiled and called him 'Sammy.' Dean just had some sort of control over Sam. Sam would do anything for his big brother in a heart beat.
Sam was pulled from his thoughts when he heard a loud thump on the ground. He blinked looking down at the box. Dean crouched down pulling it open smiling up at Sam.
"Suprise, Sammy." He beamed.
The way Dean seemed so proud of himself made Sam's heart swell. He loved how happy Dean got when he did something for Sam. Dean was always cute like this. Sam always thought about how when Dean did his toothy grin he looked like a kid again. 'I could wake up to that smile every day and not mind one bit.' Sam thought.
"Dean..who did you steal these from?"
"Shut up. I bought them."
"Really? Why?" Sam asked kneeling down next to Dean sliding his hand into the box.
"Because I thought it'd be fun. We haven't had a break in a while and since schools out you've got nothing to do." 'To get away from dad.' Dean added mentally. "I thought yo-we deserved this. A little fun before reality hits use again."
This time it was Sams turn to grin.
"I don't get why you'd do this, Dean. I don't deserv-"
Dean cut him off. "Shut up. You do. Now stop being so worried ane insecure for a half your and have some fun with me." Dean pulled out his lighter. "Pick the first one."
Sam dug around in the crate looking for the perfect one to start off the night. He decided on one with a long green shaft that you light at th3 top. 'It reminds me of Dean... god I sound like a school girl with a crush.' Sam mentally kicked himself for the thought.
"Here." Sam said standing up hitting Dean's arm with the fire work.
"Hold it. Let me light it." Dean instructed. Sam nodded doing as told. Dean lit the fire work.
Yellow and red sparks came from the tip as Sam stepped back beaming as the glow from the fireworks lit his face. Dean may or may not have decided it was his favorite lighting for Sam
Sam walked away from Dean holding the stick out, his arm fully straight. Sam stared at the light for what felt like hours before it shot into the sky with a high pitched noise. Sam dropped the stick looking up at the sky grinning. He glanced back at Dean moving next to him in three strides grabbing his hand.
"Look." Sam whispered as if this was their own little world and any loud noise could ruin the moment. He loved having Dean this close and all to himself though it was hard for him to admit, Dean knew.
Dean nodded joining Sams bright smile with his own. "Yeah.." Dean pulled his hand out of Sam's much to Sam's dismay. Seconds later Dean's hand was on the small of Sams back and Sam wasn't complaining anymore.
They stood like that minuets after the sky had returned to black. Neither of them wanted to move and the other knew but sadly all good things must come to an end but this one ended with Dean pulling out more fireworks this time two for Sam and one for Dean.
The boys lit their fireworks and stared into the sky in awe. It was beautiful and it was a rush and Dean swore he could just grab Sam and kiss thay stupidly beautiful grin off his face.
Dean found himself shooting daggers into the back of Sams head thinking about what he could do next. Almost all the fireworks were gone only a few left in the bottom of the crate everything seemed to be coming to and end. Everything but Sam's beautiful smile.
Dean wanted to hate Sam. He hated the fact his brother was his weakness. That Sam was in the back of Dean's mind clawing away at any sane thoughts he had. Sam was like a drug for Dean he's been addicted since he held the baby in the scorching heat of the fire. Dean wanted to hate Sam's pretty lips and his growing out hair and how he was so smart about everything. Yet what Dean hated the most about Sam was that Sam didn't want him back.
Dean was pulled from his thoughts as Sam ran into him hugging him tight burying his face into Dean's chest. "Thank you." Sam spoke softly still not wanting to break their world.
Dean rubbed Sams back in slow circles. "It's not done just yet." Dean said pulling away grabbing the last two. Dean pulled out his lighter lighting the last two fireworks then putting his arm around Sam's waist pulling him close.
Dean ignored the bright glow of his firework to admire the bright glow on Sams sunshine face. He smiled. 'Sammy won't ever burn out.' Dean reminded himself as he watched Sams face light up as his firework shoot into the sky.
At that moment Dean made up his mind. He threw away the firework he was holding grabbing Sam's wrist and his waist pulling Sam's soft gentle body against Dean's sharp hard one.
"D-dean.. wha-" Sam's stuttering was cut off by Dean crashing his lips into Sam's.
He slowly slid his hands down Sam's body which was shaking from what Dean guessed was nerves because it was easily 90 degrees outside.
Dean kissed him roughly at first. Eagerly. And honestly Sam was in so much shock it wasn't even registering in his mind that Dean was actually kissing him. After a minuet or two of Dean's rough lips against Sam's girl like ones he slowed down. He realized it was real and Sam was right there. It also registered in Sam's mind that his crush for 3 years is literally kissing him like it's his life force. Sam smiled into the kiss sliding his hands over Dean's big hands which were covering most of Sams waist all the way up Dean's muscular arms.
They stayed like that for a while. Touching each other gently. Learning each other. And kissing. Going from chasing after the other to holding them tenderly. Sam hummed into the kiss sliding his hands through Dean's hair.
Dean pulled away panting looking down at Sam before reality struck him. There was smoke. Not enough to be terrfied but enough to know you have to haul ass to get out of there.
"Keep this going in the car?" Dean asked. Sam nodded taking Dean's hand as they walked through the thick smoke as the field slowly caught a flame.
Once they were in the car Dean drove far enough to be safe from the fire but still have a view of the flames.
"That was your fault." Sam smirked from the passenger seat.
"What was?"
"The fire. You couldn't keep it in your pants and you just through your firework and kissed me."
"I wouldn't be complaining when you let out high pitched girly moans when I nibbled at your lip. Plus. Nothing came out of my pants."
Sam rolled his eyes huffing.
"You just hate that you're wrong." Dean laughed poking the dimple on Sams cheek.
"Shut up." Sam mumbled pouting.
"Make me, bitch."
"Fine, jerk." With that Sam crashed his lips against Dean's.
While they kiss Sam's thoughts drift off to how not even a field in flames can shine as bright as their love for one another.