[Chapter 3] Explainations

Thursday

I woke up to the amazing smell of bacon. I jumped out of bed and went down the hallway and made my way to the kitchen. I still haven't gotten used to being in a new house. Yesterday Mrs. Wells didn't make me go to school, which was great. The only reason why though, was because I had difficulty sleeping. I fell asleep fine, but I woke up once and all I could think about was my mom and how I left Paisley so confused. My phone was buzzing all day yesterday. Apparently Blake made a rumor up that I had to leave town because my dad got in more trouble. Anyways, yesterday Paisley came up to see me and we just talked, and cried a lot. We talked about my father in prison. We talked about how my mom left, and that I had no idea when she was coming home. We drew pictures and wrote a long letter for my dad. It was nice to see her, but I know I won't be able to see her often because we live a little far from each other.

Mrs. Wells interrupts my thoughts. "You want some bacon and eggs?"

"Yes please." I got very lucky that she is my foster parent. She was lovely and super nice, and I know there are some nasty foster homes out there. I'm glad I was lucky on the matter of living in a safe home.

She handed me a plate with 2 pouched eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. I took my fork and started going ham on that plate. My starving self devoured the entire plate in less than a minute. When Mrs. Wells turns around to see my plate completely gone and me chewing my last bite her jaw drops in surprise.

"Holy cow, you pig." She smiled, giving me a impressed and funny grin.

"I was hungry," I said covering my mouth because I was still finishing my last bite.

"I could tell. Let me take your plate. Go ahead and get dressed, I'll drive you to school in 10 minutes. Don't be slow because I don't want to have to leave without you." She says with a happy grin.

I give her a nod and scatter to my room. I through on some jeans and a white t-shirt. Basic and comfy. My eye gets pulled away from the mirror as I peer at the letter written for my father.

Hey dad. I hope everything in prison is good. I don't know if you have heard, but mom had to move up north to go to a mental hospital. She said it was for the best and I believe her. I'm staying with a nice lady name Catherine Wells. Apparently she was friends with grandma's sister. She is very nice to me and is a great person, don't be worried. I start my first day of school soon. It's different from the high school I thought I was going to be attending. I heard it is smaller and the Academics are better. Anyways I'll write to you again soon!

                                    -Quinn
PS, I love you

I ended my letter to my dad, with what I have been doing since the first time I wrote to him, with PS, I love you.

"Come on, Quinn. Let's get a move on." Mrs. Wells argues.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I said running out of my room and slinging my book bag over my shoulders.

Here I go, to my first day of high school in this new school.

~ ~ ~

The big bus shakes and  rattles making its way to a large brick building. Not as large as my old school, but this building looks less aged. Very few students scattered around the entrances.

The bus door opens up with a loud noise, almost the same sound as when you let air out of a balloon slowly. Kids jumped up and stepped into the walkway of the bus, so I followed.

I entered school through a large door, and the hallways were much smaller than my old school. Very few lockers aligned the walls, decorations and posters scattered upon the empty walls.

I needed to get to my class, B04 was the class number. I looked to my left to see my class room was right there, the door was wide open and some students had already taken there seats. I walked in, trying hard not to make eye-contact with anyone. I just sat down and pulled out my book and started reading.

Minutes passed and more and more students started to fill the room. The teacher finally stood up and we made eye-contact.

In a very thick country accent she said "oh, you must be our new student. Welcome to school!"

I loud ringing noise erupted in my ears. The first bell at my new school.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 01, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

PS I Love Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें