daisies were no longer taehyung's favorite flowers. 

he couldn't leave the house anymore, disguising his disease as a chest cold to both his concerned husband and boss. the influx of petals was not only in a bigger amount but also more frequent, making him lose the urge to feed himself which caused his limbs to grow weak and legs to give out whenever he did as much as stand up.

jeongguk brought yoongi for dinner one day. 

he had a bouquet of daisies in one hand,

and yoongi had a stack of papers in his own.

"we've been growing apart the past few months", jeongguk had said, fingers sliding in the gaps between yoongi's the way he used to do with him, "and i believe we both know that. i never cheated on you, tae, but– but i'm in love with him, i'll still help you through this, i just– i just can't do this anymore, can't hurt you any longer. hurt us any longer."

you're killing me, is what he wanted to say.

taehyung stayed silent instead, the only noise in the room being the sound of pen against paper.

"i love him so much, taehyung-ssi", yoongi pointed out, "i'll take care of him."

he was so beautiful, much prettier than taehyung. had pale skin unlike his darker one. soft, curled blonde hair unlike his boring bowl cut. a petite frame unlike his broad self. so, so much prettier and more worthy of jeongguk's love, unlike taehyung.

please do, is what he wanted to plead, i'm sure you're going to be better at it than me, like in everything else.

the only words he uttered before the couple leftinstead were, "don't come back."

jeongguk's eyes widened as he blurted out, "but you're ill–"

"don't", he retorted in a weak voice, couldn't make it any more painful than it already was. than it would get. "i can take care of myself, j– just like i did when you wouldn't come home at night", a sniffle, "just like i have for months."

jeongguk stayed silent and yoongi tugged at his jacket, urging him to just leave already, since they've already gotten what they wanted, right? right? 

they exchanged their goodbyes and taehyung coughed out so many petals after they left his breathing was interrupted for almost a whole minute, had him lightheaded and dizzy and almost falling down onto their front porch.

their front porch.

taehyung loved their house, especially the flowers he grew on the lawn and the memories etched onto every square inch of the small place. he would try to keep it after their divorce, but he knew he didn't have much time left– hoped yoongi and jeongguk would take care of the daisies in his garden since the only ones he was able to stick with were the ones that were killing him.

taehyung was teetering on the edge of life and death, and jeongguk didn't know.