16.9

(longer chapter)

i watched this all go down. mark and amy were going at each other's throats.

they wouldn't stop arguing. mark let out so many unforgivable things to amy. i would usually tell him that it's enough and that he went too far, but this time; i let him.

she killed two people i loved most.

i couldn't let her get away with it. i don't like to hurt people, especially not people i still care about.

so, i let mark release anger onto amy. she did it out of pure selfishness, only caring if she was safe and if she was okay. she never looked out for signe or wade. i'm sure signe tried to make everyone stick together, but she couldn't.

i'm sure she's safer where she is now.

"you know what?" amy put her hand in her pocket, trying to take something out. i widened my eyes at the loaded pistol, it looked brand new.

she clicked the gun and pointed it at us, suddenly letting her dark aura expand into immeasurable lengths. "not another word."

i noticed how her eyes went completely dark and quickly reverted to her normal ones.

she was infected with the virus.

i looked at mark as he sat frozen in his seat. amy smirked at his vulnerability, looking over at me with a look that should've killed me on the spot.

amy got inside the car. once she got in, she put the gun on the head of mark's car seat. "floor it."

mark looked over at me and kept glancing over to my pocket. a tear streamed down his face, making it seem like we had no other option but to keep going.

i looked back as she constantly stared at his back seat, hoping she wouldn't infect him.

"i could've sensed your fear from a mile away." amy hissed into his ear. it almost seemed like she was trying to save him from something. for something. "it was adorable."

i snickered my teeth and folded my arms, automatically regretting making a sound. i closed my eyes and hoped she wouldn't get any closer. it'd be better if she didn't hear it at all.

she hissed and rolled her eyes at me. she slowly turned over to mark, with me almost praying that she still wouldn't infect him.

"you know; i could kill jack right now." she spoke suddenly, making my eyes go wide with words that she spoke. i looked over at mark, who stood there with the same expression. "i could've shot him dead. cracked his neck, stabbed him, infected and killed him, i could've done it all."

"don't you dare." mark gritted through his teeth as he tightly grabbed onto the wheel. i could his knuckles turning white as he kept driving forward, resisting the urge to punch something.

"are we playing truth or dare now?" she went back in her seat, running her fingers down the side of mark's seat. she chuckled at her own joke, "i thought it was player's choice!"

"i won't let you hurt him!" he yelled, slightly swerving the car into another direction. he took a deep breath and firmly held onto the wheel. "that's final. you're not doing anything to him."

"guys? i'm right here." i spoke, looking over at  mark. i saw amy give me a slight glare with her eyes switching from jet black to her normal ones.

"i'm glad you are seán." he softly spoke under his breath, glancing back to my hand and back at the road. for some reason, i felt a slight overwhelming feeling in my stomach.

was i blushing?

no, i couldn't be. not for mark.

he's just being nice.

he patted my leg and hesitantly went for my hand once more, forgetting that amy was in the backseat for a moment. i froze and looked back as amy smirked at the sight of mark sneakily holding my hand.

"i'm glad you are."

(a/n): finally an authors note wowie

hi