Chapter Ten: Mutuality of Completely Different Things

And I don't want a conversation
I just want to cry in front of you
I don't want to talk about it
Because I'm in love with you
I'm in love with you...
- Fall To Pieces; Avril Lavigne

Chapter Ten: Mutuality of Completely Different Things

"Todomatsu!" Karamatsu exclaimed as he immediately ran towards the fallen boy who was crying in frustration as he tried to stand up again, only to be pushed down by one of his playmates. The sacristan gritted his teeth in annoyance as he gently holstered Todomatsu up. "What's going on here?" Karamatsu inquired, keeping his voice calm, "Why did you push Todomatsu?"

"Hah! It's because he's too feminine! He doesn't deserve to play with us, right?" An older boy, who seemed to be the leader of the bullies, asked his fellow lads. Two other boys nodded and laughed, throwing more insults at Karamatsu's adoptive brother. "He's so clumsy and acts so cutesy! He's not even cute." One of them chided as he stuck his tongue out at Todomatsu. This made him cry more as Karamatsu cradled him in his arms. The bullies hysterically laughed. "Cry baby! Todomatsu is a cry baby~!"

"Stop that! Don't you know that bullying is not good?!" Karamatsu shouted at them. "Yes. He doesn't deserve to play with you...because you're all assholes!"

Todomatsu gasped at the sudden vulgar words of the sacristan. "K-Karamatsu nii-san, i-it's all rig--"

"No." Karamatsu faced the other boys. "You are young men who pick on those weaker than them. Don't you think that's more pathetic than a clumsy feminine boy?" He smirked upon how taken aback the bullies were. "I would say that you're actually weaker than Todomatsu since you always do that. Does it feel good? To win against the oppressed? Hey..." Karamatsu walked in front of the bullies, his blue eyes expressing anger. He cracked his knuckles while looking directly at their eyes. "How about I experience it firsthand? Nothing beats experience as a teacher after all."

Todomatsu stopped crying. "K-Karamatsu nii-san. No, don't do tha--"

"Karamatsu!" A voice of an older man was heard. The young boys froze on the spot. "What's happening here? Why is Todomatsu dirty? Why are your fists raised? What did I tell you about violence?" The man spoke indignantly as he knelt to dust off the dirt on Todomatsu's clothing.

"F-Father Dekapan..." Karamatsu put his arms down to his side. "They were hurting Todomatsu!"

"You could have talked to them, right?" Dekapan turned to the bullies. "Boys, you do know that violence is not encouraged by the Church, right? Who are your parents? Are they aware of your shenanigans? Now, apologize to Todomatsu."

"No!" The leader of them shouted. "I'm not apologizing to that weakli--"

"H-Hey"---one of them tapped their 'leader'---"you're talking to the parish priest. We can't be disrespectful towards him! Our parents would scold us!"

Their leader paused and gave them a scornful look. He looked at Todomatsu the final time and raised an eyebrow. "Whatever! You're still a weakling! Bleh!" He stuck his tongue out and quickly ran away from the playground. The other two followed suit.

"I hope they all get stomachaches." Todomatsu muttered as he pouted. "They're all bad!"

"Todomatsu, there is absolutely no need for a malicious wish such as that, right?" Dekapan turns to pat the six-year old boy's head. "Go back to your room now. It's getting chilly. I don't want you to get sick." The parish priest smiled at him.