Hybrid Theory- Feb 13 2010

Chapter Two: Darkness Burns

Bianca's POV:

The protection broke when a green and blue light added to the warm red, bringing with it a cold stab in the relative darkness.

Something dark and sickly slow seeped through, and once it reached my lips I realised how intoxicating it was. I pressed against the barrier, wanting more, and the whole thing shook. In an explosion of light, the armoured shell broke, splaying over the wall and throwing me onto the floor. The stone burned and ripped into my skin as I flailed on the floor, breathing cold air that hurt my lungs.

Looking around wildly, the warm lights becoming much brighter and burning my retinas. Everything was on fire, in my eyes anyway, and as I writhed on the floor a high keening sound filled the damp, empty air.

'Shut up.' Something warm pulled at my wrist, and I realised the agonised howls were coming from me.

I shut up.

Looking up as my eyes focused, the tall figure let me go, outlined in shadows.

Behind the featureless person was two others, one who turned, wretching, and the other with long curling black hair watching me with plain and utter disgust.

'This is gross.' The disgusted one said, it's voice high and whiney, dull purple eyes flashing. 'That THING is gross.'

'Leave it alone.' The wretching person gasped.

Looking up as if it could see the sky, the shadowed thing crouched beside me and reached out slowly.

'We have to start moving back.' It muttered, not to me. It grabbed my wrist again and yanked me off the stone floor. Bits of the goo and blood that I had been encapsulated in clung to my bare body and didn't slip off as I struggled to stand. My muscles burned, having never been used before, and I had to lean against him for support.

I had no idea what was going on, not really, nor where I was or where I was going to go.

'What's happening?' I choked out, still trying to get the fluid out of my lungs and throat.

'My name is Elliot.' Elliot said as the whiney girl cried, 'It can speak! But what the Hell is it saying? What language is that?'

'We're going to take you away for awhile.' He said, ignoring the other girl. Something hit my neck, adding to the cold and my pain, and my world blacked out completely.

***

Hale's POV:

If Elliot weren't so evil, I probably would've felt bad for him. Carrying a being with the potential to destroy this world and all the others in his arms and Eris whining in his ear; it had to hurt.

We eventually reached a large door made of stone, miles away from the shattered remains of the girl's egg.

Elliot put her down gently and she stirred, but didn't wake.

'Jeez, how much tranquillizer did you use?' Eris said with distaste, poking the girl with her combat boot.

'Enough.' I said as Elliot walked past them and pressed an inscription to the stone wall. Blue and green lights bobbed up behind us as Elliot's undead scout troop stumbled over.

There were five of them in total, reduced to bones with rags that hung off their frames. They carried torches and spears, having died ages ago.

As the doors opened and sunlight streamed through, it turned to the zombies and reduced them to dust.

Elliot came back and picked the girl up again, more delicately this time, and something flickered across his face.

Eris rolled her eyes. 'It's a person, Elliot, not a piece of glass.' The jealousy burned in her voice.

The dark fire burned in Elliot's eyes again, not dissimular to the coldness in the God's of Death.

'Now for the thousands of miles of travel.' Eris sighed, following Elliot. I followed them and the doors slid shut behind us.

After a few minutes' walking we were surrounded by woods and the catacombs were completely lost behind. Animals and birds of a thousand different colours and breeds tried to come close to Eris, who's mother had been tied with the Goddess of Earth. I don't remember the Goddess' name.

But when they tried to get close to Elliot they cleared off, screeching.

'Fun.' I muttered. Eris looked back at me and gave me a dirty look, which only made me laugh harder.