The Days are Cold

Hello fellow DC fanatics.

I'm just going straight to the point. So basically, this is just an experimental fanfiction. It's just a change of plot twists of our favorite trying-their-best-to-be-suitable-for-kids Teen Titans episode of Apprentice (I) and Apprentice (II).

And I have also posted this on Fanfiction.Net under my other alias Dr.Watsabella. I first started there and my very close friend suggests I should also posts my works here. So for the heck of it, I'll be posting this one.

Well I think I have said enough so I hope you enjoy this :)

...

"This is messed up.", Cyborg finally said to break the silence. They were all sitting on the couch with stressed stern faces. Beast boy's pointed ears perked up and scowled at the statement. Cyborg was underestimating the whole situation they were in. First, their team leader left them behind during a mission for a whole day. Secondly, he made them worried sick for his well-being because no friend should ever leave their friends in dangerous situations no matter the possible circumstances. Finally, it was because he turned into a traitor. He went against the law rebelliously. He went against them. For Slade.

What Cyborg said was an understatement. And Beast boy hates it when people hold back.

"Dude! This is not 'messed up!'", Beast boy exclaimed and hit his fist on the coffee table, "this is fucked up!"

"Language!", Raven scolded him and her eyes darted to Starfire whom was looking down at the floor with a gloomy expression on her face. The youngest member understood her message and tried his best to calm himself.

Yet, in her mind and heart, Raven agreed with Beast boy for once. Because it didn't make sense. The puzzles never fit. There's a big hole in the picture. All those missions to search for Slade. Robin's determination to defeat him. His obsession to put the psychotic criminal behind bars. All that to lead them here, where Robin turned against the law and served Slade?

Raven shook her thoughts off.

Cyborg cleared his throat, "What's on your mind, Rae?"

Cyborg must have noticed her furrowed brows and deep frown. Raven finally looked up to see not only one but all three curiously concerned faces staring back at her. Starfire, though still in her gloomy state, managed to have the courage to put her hand over Raven's for comfort. Although Raven would very much want to have her personal space and no human touch, she decided against pushing Starfire's gesture away. For her friend's sake.

"I don't want to believe it though.", Raven answered.

"We can tell.", Beast boy said and pointed to the shattered glass. Raven sighed deeply and her eyes turned to the floor. Raven cursed in her language silently.

"Robin will never do this unless there's a motive", Raven said, "we have to figure out that motive. He's completely sane, like he knows what he's doing, from what I had sensed in his aura. Maybe Slade had offered him a proposal which had left him to choose to be his apprentice."

"How would you know if he wasn't thinking hard enough that he couldn't find an exit option?", Cyborg asked.

Raven had a small smile on her face in amusement. Obviously, this moment would be listed as one of the rare moments when Raven actually smiled but the moment was inappropriate. She couldn't help herself, Cyborg was basically indirectly saying that the Boy Wonder could be a Boy Blunder at times. At least someone agreed that with her. But she thought hard again about what Cyborg asked. It silenced her long enough as it made her worry.