Prologue 2: The Battle of Sword Valley

Eons have passed since that fateful battle of the two titans...

Life had spread all across the remains of Bionis, flora and fauna alike. Among the creatures, a sentient intelligent life form appeared, whom called themselves the Homs. Through generations of evolution, the Homs built colonies in which all lived and worked in peace, almost without any worries.

But that peace could not have been preserved. Continuing the war between the titans of old, the Homs were now constantly under attack by the robotic forces coming from Mechonis, known as the Mechon. These black and gold machines come in all shapes and sizes, from small land scout M30 units, to aerial raid M50 units, to the large, offensive-based M70 units. But all are the same mindless, dangerous, and resilient mechanical creatures. Equipped with deadly blasters, claws and pincers, they attack in large waves, could not be stopped by any weapons, and have a nasty appetite for the Homs themselves.

Throughout the Homs' history, the Mechon have always been present as "the horrible cause of death and destruction anywhere they set foot into". Many Homs colonies all over Bionis had been swept away mercilessly, and any remaining colony would always have to live in fear of suffering the same fate.

The source of all this catastrophe came from Sword Valley, the crevices and carvings of the very same sword that Mechonis had used to battle Bionis before, now stuck to the Bionis' side, which made a perfect approach route for the abominable killers. To the Homs, stopping the Mechon attacks here was imperative for protecting the lives of their people.

But fighting them had never been easy...

"Retreat! Retreat!"

"Number of M78 Mechon unknown! Requesting backup!"

"Come on! Die you damn machines!"

"No! Get away from me!"

"Charge, men! Today we shall destr... ARGGG!!!"

"AAAHHHHH!!!"

"NO! PLEASE! NOOOOOOOOO!!!"

On a cloudless night, the battle of Sword Valley raged on. Mechon were swarming the fields on land and in the air, blasting lasers everywhere, killing or eating off any soldier they came across. The Homs army, though equipped with their own weapons, were hopelessly outmatched, both in numbers and in firepower. For a single Mechon destroyed, at least five soldiers died on the spot from the enemies' vengeance. Their guns did nothing to the Mechon armor, and they would have died long before their swords, spears or drivers could penetrate that defense. Some men were still fighting, many were already running away, most had already been eaten or laid dead on the blood-splattered battleground. The outcome seemed grim for the Homs soldiers, and even more so for the people hiding in the few last colonies they were dying to protect...

A colonel in the middle of battle foresaw this bleak future. He desperately tried to communicate with his comrades once more:

"Colonel Vanguard requesting backup! Vanguard requesting backup! Where's the one with the Monado!? We can't do a damn thing to these Mechon without hi... ARG!"

Before he could finish his call, a large Mechon unit had charged forward and knocked him to the ground. It readied its pincers, preparing for a taste of the colonel, while he struggled out of its grip.

"For Bionis' sake, where are you Dunban!?"

As the pincers closed in on the colonel, a blue light stabbed through the Mechon, deactivating it immediately. The soldier pushed it away from the colonel, pulled his blade out, and the robot fell to the ground in an explosion.