I'm with You

I'm with you

~

It was a late afternoon when everything happened...All students were heading back to their houses or got ready for a night out since it was Friday...But not these two...See,the one of them always stayed back for a little longer,despite the fact that school was over.He was either running all over the place while being chased by a certain brute or walking around the school grounds,searching for a face to fool,even if his real initiative was to just...get close to someone.Did he ever let anyone get close to him?Well,no.See,this guy had a really sensitive heart,though anyone would think of this as a joke.Surprisingly,it wasn't.He simply was too good at hiding that fact from the world...Else,people would surround him like beasts cornering their delicious prey...They'd bite his heart off his chest and devour it while he'd just sit and stare,unable to take it back in his safe hands...No,Izaya Orihara was unwilling to ever let such thing happen...He kept on insisting how humans were his playthings but he never noticed that he was slowly starting to turn into their plaything instead,trying to avoid every challenge that had to do with his poor,weak soul while they enjoyed observing his struggle...Well,luckily for him,I was not one of these 'gamers'.At least that's what I want to believe.Yes,I have observed him and basically,I do understand him more than anyone around him,but I'm not willing to use that against him.I don't want to hurt him.He does...That beloved 'monster' of his.Obviously,that blonde 'monster',Shizuo Heiwajima,our mutual friend,hasn't bothered to see Izaya the way I do...But you can't blame him,can you?Izaya's actions towards Shizuo can't be fully excused due to his actual sensitivity.I can't really understand why he keeps provoking him.Perhaps it's  because their little chases are an active way to escape from reality for a while...perhaps it's because Shizuo is the only one paying attention to him when everybody else in their sane minds are ignoring him...but maybe...maybe his is jealous...Jealous that this guy with inhuman strength has people who care about him,while he doesn't...Obviously,Izaya had the urge to get his favorite plaything's attention today,as well.But sadly to him,the plaything turned into the player,forcing the other to crack...even slightly.As always,I was sitting into the biology class,staring at the scene from afar,observing only the one of the two...Everything started as usual.The taunting,the threats,the chase...Only today,something was off.I could see it.Izaya wasn't as fast as usual...and he received many blows.'Does that idiot want to get caught or something?',was my first thought but I decided to remain patient and keep on observing...It didn't take long to notice that Izaya's smile was no longer as bright as always.He was just standing there,face to face with the 'gamer',saying something to him that obviously angered the other.But to my surprise,Shizuo didn't attack again.It seemed like he said something as well and just turned around,leaving Izaya alone.I slowly placed my book onto one of the medical tables and leaned forward to have a better look.Izaya didn't seem like himself at all...I was about to comment on how sceptical he looked but before I even got to speak,the raven sped towards the school entrance.What was wrong with him?I didn't know...but I sure did want to know.Without even caring to grab my stuff I ran towards the entrance Izaya walked through,before he'd disappear.In a matter of seconds,I found him."Orihara-Kun!",I called out.The small lift on his shoulder was enough to show me he wasn't expecting  to hear me.I was about to just skip and ask wether he was alright,but instead,he just started running."Huh?Hey,wait!Orihara-Kun!",I shouted as I also proceeded to chase after him.Damn,he was fast.No wonder why Shizuo was never able to catch him...

We basically chased through the entire school building with my voice begging him to stop echoing through the empty corridors.At some point though,he got tired...really tired.He stopped running,when we reached the top floor.

A minute or two passed with Izaya resting his palms onto his knees,his body shaking due to the exhaustion with every breath he took.He was odly silent,his back facing me...'might as well break this cold silence then.',I thought and opened my mouth to speak."What do you want?"...there was something odd with his rougher than usual tone.It sounded like he was trying to mask something...Surprised,I tilted my head since I got interrupted and with my cheery tone,I replied,while scratching the back of my head."Well,I happened to see you and Shizuo-Kun get at it again from the bio class earlier so I thought to check up on yo-."."Why?",he asked again,his shoulders relaxing at my reply.Despite the rude interruption,I didn't complain."Because you seemed kinda off today.",I replied again,taking a step forward but his muscles visibly stiffened."I'm fine.You should get going.You are not allowed to be here after all.",he said sharply,bringing a frown to my face."Orihara-Kun,you don't seem that fine to me.And don't forget that you aren't allowed here,either.Come on,let's go.",I stated and placed a hand on his shoulder which seemed to scare him,since he pulled away roughly.

"I said I'm fine!Leave me alone!",he growled in protest,but I couldn't help but freeze on my spot.Perhaps it was just an optical illusion since the warm,orange light from outside was hitting onto my glasses...No,no it can't be it.That was a tear onto his face,right?

At my silence,Izaya decided to just walk away instead but I wasn't having any of it.Before he had the chance to escape,I grabbed his hand,slightly lower from his wrist."Look at me.",I demanded but he struggled."No!Let me go!",he shouted again as he desperately tried to get free,but I wasn't planning on letting him.I had it."I said,look at me!".Before he had the chance to protest though,I pulled on him,forcing him to turn around.

I was met up with something I didn't expect to see in a million years...Izaya's face was filled with tears.I observed it for a few minutes in silence,for once more.His eyes avoided mine,beautiful crimson orbs filled with shame.His lower lip was quivering slightly,cut at it's middle...seems like Shizuo was a bit too rough with him today.His pale skin was like a canvas of dark red and purple spots."Is this what you call fine?",I asked in a serious tone that even I didn't know I had.Silence...it felt as somebody had teared off his voice box...After some thought,I decided to not push him any longer.I moved my hand towards his face,but he stiffened,shutting his eyes as if he was awaiting for a punch.Silly guy...my thumb gently wiped a fat teardrop that was threatening to fall and slowly,I pulled my hand away,to show him that I wasn't planning on hurting him.Eyes reluctantly opened again,this time staring back at mine,confused.

"Does it hurt?",I whispered,expecting no answer,whatsoever.To my surprise,he slowly nodded.I couldn't help the small smile on my face.The grip in his arm loosened and gently,my palm slipped on his,my fingers intertwining with his slender one."Then I can't just sit here and let my friend be in pain,now,can I?",I chuckled and pulled him closer.

At the sound of my words,he stared at me slightly shocked.Did he feel weirded out that I called him a friend?Who knows...I guess it doesn't matter though,because I'm not planning on leaving him alone.I took the liberty to place a small kiss onto the corner of his lip,kissing his bruise.My body just moved on its own,I couldn't help it...but...I didn't complain.And gladly,Izaya didn't either.Instead he leaned onto my lips,as if showing me that he liked my gesture.With a bright smile,I stroke his soft,jet black strands,keeping him close to me and safe."Let's go,Izaya."

~

Take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I... I'm with you

I'm with you

I'm with you...