Two

After the picnic, the kids played while we sat at the picnic tables.

"You saw, what?" Alfie asked Dan.

"When you guys arrived, she was scratching at her leg, so she pulled her leggings up and I saw a bad scar. There may have been more than one.. I was trying to not make it obvious I was watching her."

"Who would do that to her?" Zoë said, tearing up. "The bruise... The scar..."

"Dan thinks she's depressed..." I said, bluntly, my head down. "I just... I don't see why she would be.. Besides Caspar, she has been happy and healthy."

"Sophia?" Alfie called. "Can you and your sisters come here for a bit?"

"Emma, you too!" I said.

They ran over and CJ, Dillon, Max and Lauren ended up following.

"I think you should talk about this with her, alone.." Phil said.

"Talk about what?" Emma said, nonchalantly.

"We're going to go back to Zoë and Alfie's house, and you and I need to talk about something.... Okay, baby girl?" I said.

"Okay.."

/

We left and went back to my sister's house, while the others left and went home. Alfie had his daughters go upstairs while we talked to Emma. Jordan and Jacob fell asleep in their carriage.

"What's going on?" Emma asked.

"Sweetheart, what's the scar on your leg from?" Zoë asked. Emma started to tear up.

"I'm sorry, Daddy..." She cried, hugging me. I couldn't help but tear up.

"What happened, hun?" I said, whispering in her ear. She took a deep breath and backed away from me.

"Well... The bruise from the first week of school... Mz. Clancy wanted the class to tell a little about themselves and... When I stood up in front of the class, I said that I have two daddies and a mum. I said my daddies are both YouTubers and my mum is a famous singer's sister...."

"Okay..." Alfie said.

"Sophia, Sara and Stephy saw that I was nervous about saying I have two dads I live with, so when I said it... The other kids laughed," She teared up. "At recess...." She started to cry more.

"You can tell us, Emmy..." Zoë smiled, taking her hand. "We're here for you." Emma took another deep breath to relax.

"I went to recess... I was climbing the rock wall to go down a slide and one of the kids who were laughing was at the top. When I got up there, I was about to sit to slide down, and he pushed me off the rock wall. I fell on my arm. I didn't tell anyone because I was scared...." She said, then pulled up her leggings. "The scar.... s. Scars...." She hesitated. "We went back inside after recess and finished the day. These didn't happen until I saw notes in my backpack, that were threatening... I came back to school and the bullying continued."

"Oh, Emmy...." I teared up.

"Last week, I went to school and I wasn't excited about going anymore. I knew I had friends in my class... but only my cousins.. and CJ, Dillon, Max and Lauren were always at recess to play with me. Mz. Clancy wanted to talk to me, but she said she needed to talk while I was in class with everyone else... They thought it was funny... After she talked to me, I went back in to sit down at my desk, and I had notes in my desk, telling me to...."

"Telling you to do what, dear?" Alfie said. "You can tell us....."

"The notes said to go kill myself..." She cried.