Chapter 18

I found the little shit in his office doing paperwork.

"What-" he started to say but I leapt on him and started throwing punches.

My fists were flying so fast I can believe that they were blurs of movement.

Chris managed to flip me over and hold me down as I screamed obscenities at him.

"Don't you dare mess with Hunter!" I screamed.

Chris struggled to hold me down and spit out.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"
He asked confused.

I stop struggling and just lay there panting.

"You told Hunter that I didn't love Him and I had another boyfriend in Bell grove."

Chris looks genuinely confused.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" He asked and brings one hand up and wiped his nose that was bleeding slightly  but was in the process of healing.

"What do you mean what the duck am I talking about? Why would you tell my mate that!!" I struggle to get out again only for him to hold me down harder.

"I haven't seen Hunter since last night,I've been working here all day," he said and leaned back letting me scramble out from under him.

I stand up and sense that he's telling the truth.

"Why in the hell would Hunter say that then?" I ask him.

Chris stands up and gives me a weary look.
I'd be cautious if I were him too.

His face was now completely healed and a horrible feeling hit me in the gut.

"Chris im-"

"Its fine," he says holding up a hard to stop me from talking.
"I don't know why Hunter would say that but that's honestly not something he would say or do. That pup is crazy for you and he's a real gentle man if you were my mate I would treat you with about as much respect as anybody else only more."

I felt as if that were a compliment so I said thank you.

"But," he continued."If Hunter did say that then he was probably questioning your loyalty to him," he scratched his head.

"My loyalty? Why would he question that?"  I ask.

Chris shrugs. "That's for you to find out," and with that being said he sat back down and dismissed me from his office.

SORRY KELSEY BUT I THINK IM GONNA MAKE CHRIS A GOOD GUY😘