Chapter 21

The sun began to set as my thoughts went silent and my vision went cloudy. The words that came out of his mouth were not ones I expected.

"What?"

He looks at me with concerned filled eyes. He wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me closer and throwing his other arm around me when I'm close enough. I lean my head against his chest, trying to think.

"Ashley." He spoke.

The way my name rolled so smoothly off his tongue, made me want to melt and stay in his arms forever.

"Are you ok?" He asked with a concerned laced voice.

That was a really good question. Am I ok? Am I seeing things? Who was that then? That's what I want to say, thats what my brain is telling me I should ask. But my heart spoke out to quickly.

"I...don't know." I say looking up into his eyes.

"But I am with you."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

~The next morning~

I woke up with something warm in front of me. My head pressed up against something hard. I look up to see Hunter's beautiful face, his eyes closed as he dreams. His arms are wrapped around my waist. I would usually be fine with this position, but today I really had to use the bathroom!

I carefully wiggle out of his grip and head over to the bathroom. Hunter still sound asleep, such a heavy sleeper. I take care of my business and open the door and walk out, but I stop dead in my tracks.

Standing beside the bed staring straight at Hunter as he sleeps, is....

...Hunter?