Chapter 2

Hi! I'm back *smiles*! I know the first chapter was not the best, but I tried and I hope this one is better. And as I said before I am open to criticism.

***********

Joshua's POV

I stand there gaping.

Mostly because the only time I've seen Autumn run is when she forgot her book in her house and had to run 2 blocks to get it before the bus came. She made it.

Anyways, she ran when I said I liked her. I've actually had a thing for her since 6th grade, but she has never shown interest in me until now.

Oh, right, she ran and you think that means she doesn't like me. Actually, it means she does. We were in the same Math class last year and she said she would most likely run away if someone liked her back. And now here she is running from me.

I'm happy she likes me, but some of the girls on our bus are after me and I hate most of them. So, I decide to post a video on my Youtube channel (Autumn follows it) and post a video about how much I like this girl but she won't date me even though she likes me.

She'll probably hate me for it because now the whole school will know about it, but I don't mind. I do hope it doesn't ruin our relationship, though.

I like talking to her.

I have an idea and quickly go back to YouTube and edit my re-edit my video adding "I want to tell her that I miss our little talks." Autumn loves that song. She says it reminds her of Nico and Bianca Di'Angelo. I don't get it but whatever I'm not a reader like her.

I can imagine it now.

She'll knock on the door and before she can say something I'll say "Please, explain." Then she'll answer and I'll ask her out.

I just hope she says yes.

Autumn POV

He. Likes. Me.

Oh. My. God.

And. I. Ran.

Well, life is bad. I think as I walk into my house with a frown.

Then I hear "AUTUMN, AUTUMN YOUR HOME. I LOVE YOU AUTUMN." I smile at my little sister and reply "Hey, sweetie how's it going." My sister, Summer, looks up at me.

She's 5 and a mini version of me in looks. However, she is the polar opposite of me in the personality zone. She is outgoing and loves sports. She also likes people and being active. Due to this, she is much more slender than me, though if I lost the fat that is stuck around my waist and sticking out a little in front I would have more curves. But she picked up the active genes that I lacked and I got the acne gene instead. Yay. She is also much louder than me and gets into arguments with Carswell and I often whereas I prefer to aviod fighting and loudness.

But despite our differences when I see her my Josh problems melt away and I can't help smiling back at her.

*************

A few hours after dinner I'm wearing a large orange shirt and plaid pants and listening to Pandora on my phone. I hear Summer yell "Carswell wants to know if we can have ice-pops." I hear the doorbell ring as I walk down and plug my earbuds in. I see Summer and my 10-year-old brother Carswell watching TV and say "I'll go ask Dad."

So, you should probably know that as I side job my dad fixes Apple products. This helps him make more money to fix his old car. Due to the irresponsibility of my peers, they constantly show up at my house with broken phone screens and various other products. If it is a phone they usually stay while my dad fixes them.

I hear voices as I walk towards the garage door and know that must be the case now.

I duck in, Welcome to the Black Parade playing on Pandora, and say "Hey, Dad, Summer, and Welly want to know if we can have ice-pops..." I trail off seeing none other than Ashton in my garage.

I gasp quietly and leave at the small nod of my father. I keep chanting the word to my song to calm me as I give the ice-pops to Welly and Summer and run to my room to sort out my thoughts.

Ashton's POV

I won't lie I wasn't surprised to see Autumn here, I mean it is her house, but what got me was hearing Welcome to the Black Parade playing on her phone and then as she left I heard her silently chanting the words to herself.

She's the good girl she doesn't listen to MCR. Right?

And booknerds only listen to Classical music right? I mean she even slipped up in Math once and I heard Beethoven playing. Why is she so different here?

I'm suddenly hit with the need to go to the bathroom.

I ask Mr. Summer and he tells me where it is.

I suddenly stop at the bathroom door and hear 9 In The Afternoon playing and even more surprising I hear Autumn (badly) singing the lyrics and dancing (also badly)

I need to learn more about this I mean Panic! Is my second favorite band. So, I stay and watch through the crack in the door as she goes through a bunch of songs by Fall Out Boy, Twenty Øne Piløts, and Panic! At The Disco. She chants/sings along and dancing.

When House of Gold comes on I have to sing along (I've waited long enough. I mean do you the amount of self-restraint it takes to NOT sing along to Forest?) so when she sings "She asked me, son, when I grow old will you buy me a house of gold?" I sing back "I will make you Queen of everything you see."

She gasps and opens the door.

Autumn POV

I hear Ashton sing to House of Gold and throw open the door.

He.
Is.
Right.
There.

OH MY GOD.

I've worked so hard.

This can't be happening.

"WHY ARE YOU SPYING ON ME?!?!" I yell at a smirking Ashton.m

He stares at me and replies "Twenty Øne Piløts is my favorite too. Though to be honest I thought you preferred Beethoven." Oh no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

It's all coming apart.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

I was supposed to have this appearance. This appearance of being a good girl and liking nerdy things.

Though to be honest most of it wasn't an act. I mean Beethoven is pretty good but I like Twenty One Pilots better.

And oh sh*t he saw me sing and dance to Forest. How did he resist singing, though? I had my flowers do a small dance it make people sing and reveal themselves.

I just looked at him again and said with a sigh "Please, explain"

**************

After he explains I ask "Did you want to sing along for Forest?"

"Yes"

"Well, you can leave now," I say. "And please don't tell anyone."

After a second that feels like hours he says "Ok." And leaves.

I wish I- and everyone else- could forget today.

*********

I hope that wasn't too bad. I tried hard. Also, I think that I'm going to update every week.

And you guys are lucky. You got me to write 1188 words.