The Truth

"Why did you leave James alone?"

"That's what I came to tell you sir."

Boyle looks at the ground

"What is it Boyle, tell me."

"Well, when you were frozen, for 25 years! Jam..."

"I was frozen for 25 years!"

"Yes, longest 25 years of my entire life, and I'm a robot. Well, James was kidnapped by a guy, followed by 2 scientists, then they teleported somewhere, I didn't see where, I'm sorry sir"

"My son was kidnapped by scientists, then teleported to somewhere, is that what you saying?"

"Yes sir."

"Well Boyle, are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?"

"You seem happy sir, and yes I am"

"Of course I'm happy, my son is alive and I have one of the best robot butlers In the world to help me find him."

"Thank you sir."

I went inside the bomb shelter when we got home and grabbed some goods like weapons, food, and memories for the journey

"Where are we going first sir"

"Well Boyle, where do you go when somethings wrong?"

"Normally you'd come to me sir."

"I'm talking about Topaz city Boyle, where all robots were made, and they have the most tradable people in the country, it's amazing, I've always wanted to go there, before the war of course, but then we had James and and everything changed, we struggled for money and it was all downhill from there. So yeah, Topaz city it is!"

We travelled for hours until we came to and old abandon barn which had 3 headed cows outside packed with bags and weapons

"Hello!?"

"Who goes there!?"

A group of farmers came out of the barn holding shotguns and grenades ready to fight

I put down my weapons and put my hands up not wanting any trouble

"Please, I am only here looking for my son, I don't want any trouble."

"We believe you, but we will only help you on one condition. There is a sawmill on the hill to the north, my cousin is being held captive by Men-Strong, only willing to let him go If we give them all of our supplies, we will give you some resources to get there, but it's the only way I'll see my cousin again, please help us.

"I will help you, but I need to leave I. The morning, I need to rest, I've had a hard day."

"You can rest, use my cousins bed, over there, see you In the morning"

I look out to the radiated ocean and watch the sun set, I wonder if I'll ever get to see that with my son, not just a robot