Dentist Imagine for anonymous

Philip Lester was in the kitchen sipping coffee on a warm spring morning. He was flipping pancakes and brewing more coffee. Suddenly he heard footsteps and faint giggles. His husband, Daniel Howell walked in with their two-year-old son, Dylan scampering behind him.

"Good morning cutie," Phil said as he picked up Dylan and kissed Dan on the cheek.

"Hi Papa," Dylan chirped.

"How'd my boys sleep?" Phil asked Dan. Today was Phil's turn to wake up early and make breakfast for the family and Dan's turn to sleep in and get Dylan ready for the day.

"I slept well and Dylan just woke up a few minutes ago."

Dylan hopped out of Phil's arms and scuttled into the living room to go play with some toys.

"Are you ready for some amazing pancakes?"

"I'm so hungry and it smells so good," Dan said as he licked his lips.

"Well you can't have any until I get a good morning kiss from you," Phil joked.

"You don't get a kiss until I get my pancakes," Dan retorted.

They both laughed and then went into the living room to get Dylan for breakfast. He came to the table with a Barbie doll in his hands. Phil put him in his high chair and gave him a pancake that was cut up into small pieces.

"Here you go sweetie," Phil said as he scruffed Dylan's curly brown locks.

"Thank you, Papa," Dylan cheered.

"You're welcome honey," Phil said as he placed pancakes at Dan's place as well as his own.

"So what's on the agenda today?" Dan mumbled through a mouth full of pancakes.

"Well, we all have dentist appointments and Dylan also has a play date," Phil explained.

Dan went pale.

"D-d-d do we have to?" Dan stuttered.

"Daniel love, you know you do. It won't be too bad, I promise," Phil explained gently.

"Will Dylan be okay? I mean it's his first time and-"

"Let's just hope he takes after me instead of you," Phil chuckled.

"It's not funny," Dan pouted. "I don't want him to be scared."

"Then you have to put on a brave face and show him that it isn't scary," Phil said as he placed a loving hand on Dan's shoulder. "Now finishing eating so we can get ready to go. I don't want to be late."

"Okay, I'll get Dylan dressed and brush his teeth," Dan offered.

"Sounds like a plan, now give me my good morning kiss please," Phil said as he puckered up.

Their soft lips connected and then pulled apart after hearing the giggles of their young son.

"Finish up your pancakes, love, we're going somewhere fun soon," Dan said.

"Really?!" Dylan squealed. "Where?!"

"You'll see when you're done eating," Dan kindly explained.

"I can't wait!" Dylan yelled as he shoved pancake pieces in his mouth.

"Like father, like son," Phil chuckled.

____________________________________________

Dan, Phil, and Dylan were now in the family's minivan, heading to the dentist. Dan's leg was bouncing up and down as Phil drove and Dylan was happily in the back seat, watching Winnie the Pooh on his tablet.