a sad reality

my heart ached. it truly ached as a new wave of sadness hit me.

"joonie, what's wrong?" seokjin frowned, wrapping his arms around me as i stood staring out into the night.

"everything." was my brute reply.

"be more specific, please." he walked around and stood before me.

"us. this. there's no way we can make this work. who knows when you'll turn back."

seokjin visibly faltered at my choice of words, frowning more.

"we'll make it work, i know we will."

"don't you get it?!" i grew impatient at his obsitance. he shrunk back at the loud boom of my voice.

"seokjin. this isn't going to work. if i fall for you and you turn back i'll drown myself in depression again. i don't want to push this to the point where i can't function without your human form anymore."

he nodded slowly and a tear fell down his face.

"i see."

i heavily sighed, i didn't want to be the one to end this but knowing my luck, i would lose him. i didn't want to further encompass myself in his love. it would only hurt me in the end.

"we'll talk about this tomorrow, i'm tired. for now sleep with me."

i grabbed his hand and noticed the look of hesitation in his pupils but nonetheless he followed me into my room and cuddled beside me.

we fell asleep gripping each other, deep down i felt something wasn't right. as if this was my final farewell to my new found lover but i shook the feeling off.

seokjin will be beside me tomorrow morning.

won't he?