A New Apartment

Eventually I find an open apartment, and by threatening the man who managed it. Irritation had seeped through me as he refused, even when frost began pouring from my fingertips. Somehow my skin came into contact with his and I felt the need for something I'd been missing earlier. I hadn't known what the empty cold feeling meant, but now with my skin meeting his I felt his body heat seeping slowly into me. Warming me up, but my instincts began kicking in. It didn't feel fast enough and my body told me there was a quicker way and I obeyed. I yanked the horrified man close enough to plant my ice cold lips on his. Much quicker now he froze, but I felt warmer than I had in quite some time.

The second I let him go he fell to the ground and shattered into a million pieces. What surprised me was that I didn't feel remorse at this mans death. In fact if this was what kept me alive I would gladly do it many more times just to get back to him. To Ronnie.

I wonder to myself, how could I find my own home when I barely remembered my name, and even that may be false. The only thing I know to be absolutely true is my feelings for this mysterious man I saw in my memory- Ronnie Raymond.

Quickly I made my way up the stairs to the apartment. Shoving the new keys into the lock I open the door and step inside after a pause. I am stunned by how beautiful and open this room is. Between the shining new kitchen; marble countertops, black and white cabinets and wood floors that went all the way into the open living room which also had large sliding doors that led to a balcony. If this was just the main living area, I could only imagine the bedroom! Hopefully it lived up to my now very high expectations.

Making my way through the hall I manage to immediately find the bathroom which is just as nice as I thought it would be. And there are actually a few towels on the rack and counter because the apartment was still set up to be shown. Smiling softly I begin to strip myself of the close to ratty clothes I had on as I turned on the shower. As soon as I drop the last of my old clothes to the floor I step into the stream of hot water.

Once I scrubbed at myself enough to feel clean I picked up my underwear and bra and slipped them both back on. I didn't feel like putting those dirty garments back on. Not when I actually felt clean. Leaving the towels in a heap by the clothes I leave the bathroom and turn into the bedroom to find a rather large bed, a king size I would guess, and I am drawn to it. It looks so plush and comfy that I want to jump on it. I fight myself for only a moment before I rush forward in glee and leap onto the massive bed. With delight I find it just as plush as it looked and it was definitely good for jumping on too. After a few minutes I drop down on my back and roll under the covers, pulling them up around my shoulders. I sigh in relief as my head hits the pillow. An actual bed for the first time in who knows how long. I yawn as I snuggle deep into the bed and in moments I feel the lulling pull of sleep.