Chapter 39- Refreshing

Mae rubbed her eyes she opened them at the sound of two hands slamming down. She looked at the door to her room and quickly walked over to see the twins rushing past.

"Hikaru?" She questioned.

Kaoru paused and turned back. "Mae, your awake."

"Am I?" She said out loud. "Why are you here?"

"The boss wanted to see Haruhi so he forced all of us to come down here."

"D-does that mean-"

Kaoru sighed. "Yes, Mori senpai's here as well."

Mae felt her self get giddy inside. "I-I need to go get changed, my hair." She explained reaching up to her messy bed hair. "Wait, I fell asleep on the couch."

"You did?" Kaoru tilted his head. "By the time we got here you we in the bed."

Mae thought a moment. 'Didn't I hear Honeys voice.' "Oh well." She rushed into the room. She brushed her hair and put some mascara on. Mae looked through her suit case to find white jeans and a red top. After getting dressed she admired herself. "Yes!" She fist pumped the air before retreating down stairs. 'Oh I forgot to ask what happened with Hikaru.'

Just as she was about to run up to the hosts she noticed a head of hair. All heads were facing the other direction. Mae clasped her hand over her mouth as he turned around. "A-Arai?"

"Ma-e?" He blushed a bit at the sight of her. "You-you look different."

Mae smiled warmly and ran to him. "I haven't seen you in-in"

"About 3 years." He rubbed the back of his neck.

Mae looked down. "Yeah. I'm sorry I-"

"It's okay, at least Haruhi was there to tell me you'd left."

"I was planning on saying goodbye it's just-" Mae stopped herself and noticed the host club staring at them. "Hi guys."

"Mae chan?" Honey looked up.

"Sorry I was asleep." Mae quickly flashed a smile so they wouldn't worry.

"Hey, Mae chan did you know that he liked Haruhi?" Honey asked after she had sat down. Mae gripped her shirt.

"Who didn't." She chuckled then noticed Arai still blushing.

"I didn't know." Haruhi mumbled.

"When do you know." Mae rolled her eyes.

"I even confessed to her." He awkwardly laughs.

Mae gulped. "You did. Well I guess my sister here needs to learn a few things."

Arai stared at Mae but looked toward his lap. "I should be heading out now."

They all followed him. As they all stood there waiting for him to leave he pulled Mae aside. "You knew I was going to confess at some point."

Mae but her bottom lip. "Y-yeah. It's just, I'm sorry Haru didn't return your feelings. She's a real fool."

Arai looked at Mae with a softer expression. "I can tell your much different then when you left."

"Yeah, a lots happend since then." He began walking her back to the group that had been staring.

"What happened to your hair?"