Your Hero?

Ayaka's P.O.V.

"What in the world... happened?" I asked horrified. I stare at my bloody hands. Where did this come from?

"Let's get you cleaned up first." Kyoya almost whispered walking to the bathroom. He came back with a wet towel and he looked at me with sorrow eyes. Then I felt something dry next to my face. I put my fingers softly on my face and looked at my hands after touching it. Is this... my blood?

  I slowly sat down on Haruhi's bed and Kyoya patted the warm wet towel against my face. I winced, closing my eyes. He continued to wipe off all the blood that could be on my face. When it felt like he was finished I slowly opened my eyes to find him looking at me. I turned around to look away from his gaze and my eye caught my bed. The sheets were covered in blood, my pillows and blankets are all over the floor.

"What happened?" I asked turning towards him again. He just stares at me.
"K-Kyoya... I'm confused..." I asked on the verge of crying.

"What happened? The last thing I remembered was-" I was interrupted when Kyoya wrapped his arms around me.

"Shut up..." He muttered. I looked at him surprised.

"No matter what I do for you, you just seem upset in the end. You deserve the best Ayaka, but all you get is a whole load of crap." He gritted his teeth. I stayed silent and let my tears run. I slowly hug back.

"Your whole life was full of crap. No wonder why you'd hide your life from us." He tightened his grip and I sobbed into his shoulder.

"But don't keep it all in, okay? It's not like how it was back then. I won't make you promise anything, but I just remember Ayaka. We'll- no. I'll always be by your side." I felt a tear fall on my shoulder and my eyes widened.

"K-Kyoya? Are you... crying?" I whispered.

"Didn't I tell you to shut up." He quickly wiped away his tears. I let go of him and put my hands on his shoulders.

"Kyoya..." I gave him a warm smile.

"You're amazing Ayaka and everyone sees it except you." He looks at me.

"You've dealt with so much pain. You keep it for yourself. You don't want to risk the life of others, you're like a hero. And if no one else thinks that, then your my hero Ayaka." He mumbles. I slightly blush at the words that comes out of his mouth. Does he even knows what he's saying?

"Your hero? Impossible Kyoya. How can someone so low as me can be your hero?" I chuckled. He tched.

"You only think of others Ayaka. You probably think that you only think of yourself, but you do not." He fixed his glasses. I take them off.

"Don't hide your true self behind your glasses. Although you're consoling me, you have your own secrets as well." I said holding onto his glasses. He looked away from me. I put my hand gently in his face and made him look at me.

"If you really think of me as a hero then... I might as well tell you everything why I'm not." I gave him a nervous smile. Am I really going to do this? Too late now.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I think it's time I told someone my past." I gaze into his eyes. His eyes widened and he nodded. He sat right next to me and I took a deep breath.

"Don't you think everyone else should know? Not just me?" Kyoya asked worriedly. I didn't give a response. If I tell everyone I wouldn't really have to worry about telling them all one by one. Yet, it's still night, I'll let them rest.

"No, I probably will tell them in the limo tomorrow on our way back home." I said. "But I'll still tell you now. I trust you." I got a nod in response.

"Me and Nao were really close back then. We met each other 5 years ago. It was a get together with the Ishii's and the Mano's. They both had two children. Mamoru Ishii and Nao Ishii, and Taro Mano and me, Ayaka Mano. Their mom wanted Taro and I to play with her boys. Although it was pretty difficult playing in a dress in a 11 year old body. Only Mamoru came down. When Taro and Mamoru started hanging out it was like they were best friends since they were born. I knew someone was missing so I asked their mom where was Nao's room and there was something sticking out. It led to his secret room and he was being rude then ever. Then when we slowly became friends and that took a couple of years, then I started having feelings for him. Someone pointed it out in school thinking we were dating. After denying it so many times I actually started having feelings for him. We confessed at the same time which was pretty exciting for me. After the confession... I kissed him. Soon we we're going out and that continued for 2 years and he became my fiancé. Then it happened. Taro and Mamoru were at our place and I went over theirs to see Nao. He wasn't anywhere so I went into his secret room..." I wiped away any upcoming tears and continued. "Nao and his parents were there arguing about something I couldn't hear, so I hid and got closer. They were arguing about me, they're talking about deciding to give me to Mamoru instead of Nao who I loved. Nao kept declining, but his parents were on Mamoru's side. I didn't notice something was behind his back and when he pulled it out. He shot them. I don't know what made me do it, but I ran up to him as he put the gun to his head begging him to put the gun down. He made me promise something I couldn't keep, he made me promise not to tell anyone. I agreed to it as long as he put the gun down but I was too late. He shot himself or at least I thought he did. During his and his parents funeral I bawled over his tombstone thinking I was never going to see him again. I locked myself in my room wishing I could die so I could be with him. I would barely eat, drink, or sleep. I left my room and told everyone, who used to care for me, that life meant absolutely nothing. Mamoru came into our family and with Taro hacking skills he changed his birth certificate, they ignored me, I got in fake relationships to make me feel better but I didn't, then I moved to Ouran High School and I thought it was going to be the same as my old school. Clearly it wasn't. My family started talking to me, my flirting skills ran low, I made friends, and I found someone who I love more than Nao." I turned towards him, he blushed and turned away. "Then Mamoru kidnapped me, between that one week he wouldn't feed me, he'd whip me each I denied to tell him how his family died, I thought I would die and I'd accept it. Then he said he would kill you guys and Taro so I had to tell him, I didn't want to sacrifice lives just to keep a dumb secret. He pressed all his anger onto me and I knew I was going to die. I felt like no one would care if I die, so when you guys came I was so surprised! When you saved me I wanted to cry. When Nao came I was so afraid. He said he was hiding so he wouldn't get caught. I didn't care I just wanted to get away from him and I ended up yelling at him what his brother did to me. I also listened to your conversation with him... thanks for sticking up for me Kyoya."

  He looks at me surprised and I blushed.
"What about that nightmare?" Kyoya asked.

"Mamoru was choking me and I was begging for help. Nao denied to help me due to the fact I broke two promises with him." Then my eyes widened as I realized Kyoya denied too. "You... also denied to help me since you know I still love Nao too... The one who saved me was Taro, but he kept on slapping me saying I keep pushing him away. Then when he stopped... I was surrounded by all four of you and I forgot how to breathe. Mamoru sang my name and I wilted down like a flower. The next thing I know I was choking Mamoru hoping he was suffering the same pain he put me through. That's all I could remember from that nightmare, but when I woke up I had my hands wrapped around Haruhi's neck leaving blood prints wondering who's blood is that." I whispered. He put my head on his shoulder. I felt hot liquid fall down my eyes.

"Don't cry Ayaka. Look, it does hurt me a bit to know you still love him, but to know you love me more. It makes me happy." He smiles. I pick my head up and turn my head towards him. He turned towards me.

"Now you made me want to be your only hero." I muttered. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gently put my lips against his and closed my eyes. I don't know what I was thinking, but he started to kiss back. I slowly released the kiss and opened my eyes.

"A-Are you okay now?" He asked. I nodded and put my head on his lap.

"I'm just fine. Thanks for listening." I smiled. He grabbed his glasses and put them back on.

"Yes, no problem." He said. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep. This might be the first time I got to end something nice for this once and it was all thanks to Kyoya.