6

Once I came into view Dean looked over at me and smiled. Gabe doing the same "come on Cassie, let's eat!" He skipped over to me with a big smile on his face and winked at me when his face wasn't in Dean's view. "Don't embarrass me" I whispered to him. He just winked again, grabbed my hand and pulled me and Dean to the table. Dad came in with the food and laid it in front of everyone. Once we were all seated we began talking, Gabe being the first of course. "So Dean, you saved my lil bro from getting his ass kicked even more?" "I guess?" He replied a little confused "I could've done it myself" I muttered. I know it came out bad, but I didn't intend for it to be rude, I just hate how everyone thinks I'm a weak baby who can't stick up for himself. The only reason I didn't hit back was because it was my sister and tough guys and I'm not suicidal enough to go after them. "Castiel, be nice" dad said, taking another bite out of his food. "Sorry" I said looking at Dean and he nodded like he understood what my intentions were

I didn't even want to look at Dean at this point. I mean sure he was nice enough to help me but that's it, he shouldn't be here right now and yeah, deep down I know I like this guy and I'm a little happy he's here but he's the school player and a jerk. I just want to be in bed right now. I go back to my food and just listen to the little conversations the other three are making, mostly about school and work so it didn't matter I wasn't listening all that well.

I finished eating along with everyone else and we all made our way to the living room to apparently talk some more. I took my phone and ear buds out and started playing some songs.
Highway to Hell by ACDC started to play and I just watched everyone talking even though I couldn't hear. My phone buzzed

Charlie ♡
You didn't tell me Dean Winchester was at your house!

Castiel
How do you know about that?

Charlie ♡
Some guy over heard Chuck and Dean talking and when Dean said he would go to your place for dinner he told everyone

Castiel
Why would he tell people?

Charlie ♡
Dude, the schools player going to a nerds house. Word will get out. Now tell me why he is there!!

Castiel
Anna and her friends were beating me up pretty bad and Dean stopped them. Nothing special

I hit send and was instantly interupted "right Cas?" "I'm sorry, what?" I asked to nobody in particular, taking out my earbuds "I said you'll walk Dean to the door" dad replied and gave me a look saying I had no choice "y-yeah, come on" we got up at the same time and walked to the door. When we were out of the room dad and Gabe were in Dean spoke up "I know you don't really like me, Castiel, but I think you and I should hang out sometime. Alone" he handed me a slip of paper with his number on it, winked and said "I'll see you tomorrow" and went to leave "wait, Dean" I said without thinking. He turned around and looked at me "you know, people are t-talking about you. Saying how you came over tonight. The schools most popular student going to a nerds h-house" I said "I'm juts warning you" I stood there for a bit and waited "well, let them talk about us" he said with a wink and then he left this time looking back at me and smiling before closing the door. I walked to my room thinking about Dean. Why would he want to hang out with me? And alone? I can't do that, he uses people for sex and popularity, that's probably what he's doing now. But why? I'm not popular and if anything that would just make his reputation bad. And why is he okay with people talking about us? What if it's so I'm bullied?

I decided it was time to end this awful day after I did my homework and watched a couple episodes of Doctor Who. I hadn't texted Dean like he wanted, but I figured if I were to do it I would wait until tomorrow.

~~~~

The next day at school I seen Dean. It was lunch and I was in the cafeteria for a change. He looked at his phone, shook it in his hand and frowned towards me. I knew he wanted me to text him so to get him to stop staring I texted him.

Castiel
Stop staring at me

Dean
About time you texted

Castiel
Sorry

It took around five minutes for him to respond to me this time

Dean
Why didn't you text me last night?

Cas
Dean, you're the most popular guy in the school. Why are you wasting your time talking to me?

Dean
because you're different, Castiel. Give me a chance to prove that I'm not the kind of guy you and everyong else thinks I am. Tomorrow night I'm picking you up at 6 and we're going out to dinner

Cas
You mean like a date?

Dean
Yes, a date. Be ready.

I didn't bother to text back. Looks like I'm going on a date with Dean Winchester. The Dean winchester. Tomorrow night. Oh god. How am I even supposed to feel about this?

A/N
Sorry I have updated in a while. Been busy with school and homework but I promise to do it more. Also, guys, can you please comment and tell me if you're enjoying it so far and ways I could make it better?
Thanks! Hope you enjoy!