Chapter 3: Violet, Mike, and... Charlie?

Another person had found one of the golden tickets, a girl named Violet Beureguard. She was dressed just like her mother, like a clone almost.

One kid's gonna get the special prize, one kid better than all the rest. I don't care who the other four are, that kid is gonna be me.

Tell them why Violet.

Because I'm a winner

"What a beastly girl." Grandma Josephine said, obviously disgusted by Violet's attitude along with her mother. "Despicable." Grandma Georgina commented. "You don't even know what we're talking about." Grandpa George told her. Grandma Georgina took a while to answer, "Dragonflies?" I opened my mouth to say something when the tv changed.

This just in; the fourth golden ticket has been found by a boy named Mike Teavee.

A boy playing a video game with his parents standing behind him came on the tv. He then went on to say how he did some weird thing to track down the golden ticket.

In the end, I only had to buy one chocolate bar.

How did it taste?

I don't know. I hate chocolate.

"Well it's good thing you're going to a chocolate factory, you ungrateful little ba-" I had to cover Charlie's ears so he wouldn't hear Grandpa George's colorful vocabulary. "What is up with these kids? Why are they completely repulsive?" I scoffed. "Because their parents don't give them any discipline sweetheart. Luckily you and Charlie didn't go through any of that." My dad replied.

"Dad, why aren't you at work?" Charlie asked. Everyone else stopped what they were doing and looked at my dad. The rest of us already knew why he wasn't at work. The toothpaste company had created a machine that put the caps on faster than the rest of the workers, which resulted in everyone losing their jobs. Of course we couldn't tell Charles that, so Dad had to make up a story. Charles would try any and every thing he can to find our dad another job, bless his heart.

Later on I was reading in my bed, when I heard whispering from downstairs. I slowly rolled out of my bed to see what was going. Grandpa Joe had Charlie go get another Wonka bar. I sighed and looked at them with sympathy. They want more than anything to go into that chocolate factory. Not that I can blame them, it would be nice seeing the genius behind the candy. Grandpa Joe and Charlie both opened the candy bar, with a bar behind. No golden ticket in sight. What a shame.

----

I was working in the candy shop with Sam. Things had finally calm down, as a kid in Russia had found the last golden ticket. Charlie was a bit bummed, seeing as how he wanted to go to that factory so bad. I wish I could have bought him another bar, but the last ticket was in Russia. We wouldn't have won anyways. Since I'm the only one working now, all of my money has to go to cabbage. On lucky days, I can buy something extra to go in the soup.

Charlie enters the shop, smiling at me as he does so. "What's up Charles? I don't get off for another hour." I looked at him, wondering why he's here an hour early. He held up $10 and my jaw dropped, "Where did you find that?" "I found it on the street." Charlie's smile grew. I ruffled his hair and handed him his favorite Wonka bar. "Alex, take a look at this." Sam called me.

I walked over to him, looking at the newspaper on the counter. I grabbed it and held it close to my face, disbelief written all over it, "The ticket was a fake?" "The absolute nerve of some people." The lady shook her head. "Hey Charles, you've still gotta a chance." I looked at him. He was looking at his candy bar. "Charlie?" I walked over to him. He slowly pulled out a golden ticket from his Wonka bar. He put the candy down on the counter and looked at the ticket in disbelief. Both of us did.

"It's a golden ticket. You found Wonka's last golden ticket! In my shop too!" Sam laughed in delight. I was still in shock. A man soon put an arm around Charlie, "I will give you 50 dollars for that ticket. And a new bike." The lady from before put her hands on Charlie's shoulder, "I will give him $500. You want to sell me your ticket for $500, little boy?"

I soon stepped in and pushed them off of Charlie, glaring at them. "Enough of that! Leave the kid alone!" Sam yelled at them, "Now you listen to me kid. You take that ticket and you run straight home. Don't let anyone else have it. Alex, you go with him. You have the rest of the day off and the day whenever you two have to go to the Chocolate Factory."

I smiled at him, "Thanks Sam." Charlie and I were soon running towards our house. "Mom! Dad!" We yelled. "I found it!" Charles shouted. "Last golden ticket! It's mine!" He handed Grandpa Joe the golden ticket, me standing in the doorway with my parents. Grandpa Joe soon jumped out of bed yelling, "Yippe!" Then Grandpa Joe started dancing. Dancing. "Here. Read it out loud. Let's hear exactly what it says." Grandpa Joe handed the ticket to Mom and Dad.

"Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this golden ticket, from Mr. Willy Wonka. I shake you warmly by the hand, for now I do invite you to come to my factory and be my guest for one whole day - you and all the others who are lucky enough to find my golden tickets." Dad read out loud. "I, Willy Wonka, will conduct you around the factory myself." Once dad read that part, I squealed with excitement. Charles gets to meet the Willy Wonka, the genius behind it all.

"Showing you everything there is to see, and afterwards, when it is time to leave, you will be escorted home by a possession of large trucks filled with delicious eatables to last you and your entire household for many years. And remember, one of you lucky children will also receive a special prize at the end." Dad continued reading. "Now, here are your instructions; On the first of February, arrive at the gates at 10 a.m. sharp. You may bring one family member to look after you. Until then, Willy Wonka."

"The first of February. Well that's tomorrow." Mom commented. "Then there's not a moment to lose. Brush your teeth, comb your hair, wash your face-" "Get that mud off your pants." Grandpa George interrupted Grandpa Joe. "Now now, hold on. First things first, we need to figure out who will go with Charlie to the factory tomorrow." Mom said. "I'll do it." I suddenly said. "Alas, that's alright with you Grandpa Joe."

"Of course it's alright. I've seen Mr. Wonka before.  It's your turn." Grandpa Joe smiled at me. I turned to look at Charlie, "Well Charles, wanna spend an entire day with your big sister at the Chocolate Factory?" I smiled at him. "No." He said sternly. "No?" I scoffed. "We're not going." He explained. "A woman offered me $500 dollars for that ticket. I bet someone's willing to pay more. We need the money more than the chocolate."

"Oh." I said sadly, but tried to put a smile on my face anyways. That's Charles for you. Thinking about others before himself. "Young man." Grandpa George called Charlie. "Come here." Charlie went to him. "There's always going to be money. They print more every day. Only a dummy would throw this ticket away for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?" "No sir." Charlie answered. "Then get that mud off your pants! You've got a factory to go to!"