Chapter One

Lucy
A Few Hours Earlier:

When I left Jordan and Jon I got high and more cops started showing up, so I ran to a drug house with my friends. I thought we were safe until I heard sirens in the not too far distance. I freaked out because, unlike my friends, I have a juvenile record and they don't which is why they follow me. They always follow me around like little puppies, and to be honest it really gets annoying.

"Time tah run everyone," I say.

"But Lucy," one of the boys say.

"No buts get outta heah," I say. They listened and ran out the back door. I was about to when a cop busted in and grabbed me.

"I don't think so Collins," He exclaims. "Yah not gettin away this time, my dear girl."

"Yah don't know what yah dealin with Officah," I snap. I was really high and I had drugs in my pocket. I felt the cop search me and he pulled out a tiny bag of heroin.

"Lucy Collins, yah under arrest, again, for possession and dealin of drugs."

"Screw you!" I exclaim.

"You have the right to remain silent, anythin yah say or do can and will be used against yah in a court of law." He continued to read me my rights, as he slapped handcuffs on me and took me to his patrol car. He put me in the backseat and we left for the police department. He tossed me into a holding cell after he uncuffed me.

"Sit tight princess," The cop said. I sat down in the cell against the bars and the same cop cuffed one of my hands onto the bars.

"Like I said a few minutes ago, screw you!" I exclaim again.

"Shut up and you'll get your one phone call once yah sober up." He left me and I reached into my shirt and pulled out another bag of heroin and got high all over again, I wasn't about to sober up, the drugs numb my inner pain, the inner demons that no one knows except Jon and Jordan. You see when I was ten my parents were killed in a car wreck, I was in the wreck, and I was badly injured. So, after the wreck I was put on painkillers, which I mixed with drugs and alcohol, and I was being raised by my Aunt and Uncle, my mom's sister and her husband. They have no idea what I do in my own time, and my Uncle well he abuses me in every way possible so I got addicted to painkillers and street drugs. Ever since I was twelve I've had a juvenile record, all of my charges are possession, and dealing of felony drugs. So, whenever I feel the need to I get drunk and high, and whenever I want to I go over to Jon and Jordan's house and stay for a few days. Well that's my sob story.

***
A few hours later, I was still just sitting there, cuffed to the cell, and waited for the cop to come back over. When he did he uncuffed me and took me to the phone to make my phone call. I call one of the only people that I know truly care about me, Jordan.

"Hello," Jordan answers.

"Jordan is Lucy," I say.

"Hey Luce what's up?"

"Well I got arrested and I need yah tah come get me out."

"Alright I'll be there soon."

"Okay." I hang up and was taken back to the holding cell and cuffed back to the bars. I was there for a little while longer until the cop uncuffed me and opened up the cell.

"Collins your free, now get outta heah and don't let meh find yah again," the cop advised.

"Yeah, yeah," I say and leave. I see Jordan in the lobby and run to him. I hug him and he hugged me back.

"Hey Luce," Jordan says.

"Hi Jordan," I say.

"Come on let's go tah my house."

"Wait really your parents don't cahe?"

"Nah," he answers. "Jon and I convinced them."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." We leave and take off back to their house. Once back there I got a huge hug from Jon.

"Lucy Jordan and I were so worried," Jon says, as I hug him back.

"I know but I'm alright," I say. I was taken out on their back porch and we shut the back door.

"Luce what happened?" Jordan asks.

"Yah mean why I got arrested?" I ask.

"Yeah," they reply, in unison.

"Alright well yah both what happened tah both of my parents and me, when I was ten."

"Yeah we do there was a cah wreck," Jon began. "You got out badly injured but your parents didn't make it."

"Yeah," I begin. "Well aftah tha wreck I got put on painkillers and got addicted to them, and whole life had gone downhill since. I mixed painkillers with street drugs and yah both know what stahted happenin when I was twelve, my juvenile record stahted, and I was constantly gettin arrested fah possession and dealin."

"Yeah and every time yah do yah call meh," Jordan says.

"I know, I can't call my Aunt and Uncle."

"Why?" Jon asks.

"Because my Uncle is the worse person imaginable tah be around."

"How come?" Jordan asks.

"Because he abuses meh every way theah is." When I say that they both just hug me.

"Then yah come live with us," Jon suggests.

"Wait what?" Jordan and I ask.

"Yeah, I already talked with our parents," Jon says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah, Luce do yah think I've not noticed how yah act or how yah cower back from your uncle. When you're home you're scared, but when you're with me and Jordan you're free and safe."

"What did Ma and Dad say to this Jon?" Jordan asks.

"They said that she can live with us and stay with me and you in our room," Jon replies. I just hug Jon.

"Thank yah Jon," I say.

"You're welcome." He hugged me back. We sat out there and talked for awhile and I completely sobered up. After we talked we went to their room and fell asleep, I fell asleep in Jordan's bed, and Jordan got in next to me.