Chapter 1: Our Encounter

It was the first day of my move. Well, I don't know if you could call it that when they are just currently moving things inside. I yawned. It's too early for this...... My name is Sebastian Michaelis. I am now working as an editor at a publishing company, called Marukawa Publishing Company. "Where should we put this?" I looked up, to see two men carrying a desk.

"Oh, right in there is fine." I pointed to the room that I would make my office. The men placed the desk gently on the floor, and walked up to me. "That was the last of the items." I smiled. "Thank you."

They gave a quick nod, and left. I close the door. "This'll take all day to unpack." I sighed. "Better get to work." I begin to unpack the boxes, muttering. "I don't know why I have to pack this and unpack it. It's such...... A time waster. Yes, a time waster." I started with the kitchen supplies. "Ahhh..... I'll have to go grocery shopping." I said, looking inside of the fridge. There was only a couple of things I bought and placed in there when I arrived. Well it's enough for dinner and breakfast. I begin to work on the unpacking once more.

---

"Finished! Finally!" I looked around, admiring my new apartment. "It's perfect." I looked at my phone. "7:30." It's been too many hours. Sighing, I got up. "I don't want to cook....... I'll go for the convenience store dinner." I took my keys from the key hanger, by the door. Walking outside, I closed the door and started to head towards the store.

"Ahh! I'm so lucky to find a place so close to a convenience store. Snacks are needed for an editor." I strolled down the street, to the 24/7 open store.

Ding Dong!

"Welcome." A dull voice said by the register. I nodded, walking up to the refrigerated aisle. I grabbed a bento box and a cold green tea, and put it on the counter. "Will this be all?"

"Yes." I looked at my phone, once again. 7:56.

"Thank you for your purchase. Have a nice night." I walked out of the store, with a bag in hand. Rushing back home, I thought about my first day at work.

I took out my keys from my pocket, and unlocked the door. I shivered. "I should've brought my jacket....." I sat on the couch, and flipped through several channels.

"For only-"

"It's time to get---"

"News--"

"I will ne---"

I sighed, turning the TV off. I'm almost done with my food anyway. Scarfing down the meal, I walked into my room. "Shower time." I grabbed a white button-up shirt and some trousers, and walked into the shower. As I begin to rub soap over my hair and body, I heard a creak. Must be the neighbors, I thought. After rinsing myself off, I grabbed a towel. "Clothes..... This is my apartment anyway, and no one else is here so....." I put the towel on my neck, and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water. The creaking I heard from the shower grew louder. ".......?" I heard a clatter. What the hell? I quickly covered my waist with the towel.
Jumping out, I yelled. "Who's there?!" I looked at the fridge, revealing a small boy, happily munching on my apple. "...How did you get in here?" He ignored me. I huffed deeply. "How did you get in my apartment?!" I glared at the boy. He looked around, and pointed at himself.

"Me?"

"Who else is there?" He ran up to me and hugged me.

"Wow! I've never met someone who could actually see me. All of the residents never noticed me......" He looked down. "But I'm surprised you can."