Chapter 2: The Office

I woke up to the smell of food, and a blaring alarm. I grabbed my phone, and pressed the 'Ok' button. I got up and prepared myself for work. Too early..... I slipped on my suit and tie. ((AN// Reference. If you get it, I love you)) First day of work! I gave myself a pep talk, as I sniffed the smell of eggs. They smelled a bit odd, but to me, eggs always have. "First day of work. I can do this...." I mumble to myself. "Wait. Eggs?!" I ran out into the kitchen. Ciel turned around. "Ah! Good morning Bakastian!!"

"Don't you good morning me, and that's not my name. How did you get groceries?"

"Well I took your shopping list and the money that was on the refrigerator, and went inside the grocery store." I motioned for him to continue. "Then I got what was in the list, and put the money on the counter. It was sad that the lady didn't see me though...." He drew out the scene with his finger.

"Don't do that next time. That's not how you shop." I face palmed. This boy, it's like he's 5.

"Who leaves money in an envelope, and puts it on his refrigerator...." Ciel laughed, earning a glare from me.

"I calculated the exact amount of money for the items, and added tax." He stared at me like I was crazy.

"You're an idiot, Bakastian. Anyway, I made breakfast. Do you have time to eat?" I nodded.

"I don't see why not, and don't call me that." I pulled out the chair, and sat down. Ciel put out a bowl of rice, a rolled egg, and miso soup, then handed me chopsticks and a spoon. "Thank you for the meal!" I picked up the chopsticks, and took a piece of the rolled egg. I bit into the egg, and found paper. "......Ciel.... Why is there paper in it?" He laughed, almost to the point of tears.

"Did it scare you?" Ciel stuck out his tongue. Why you little....! I should've known something was up.

"No. No it didn't." He pulled out a paper, and crossed something out. I sighed.

"Plan B...... I thought my drawing of some ghosts would work." I mentally smiled. He's cute. Stupidly cute. But annoying as hell.

"I have to go to work now, or I'll be late. I will see you later, and don't wreck the apartment." I stifled a laugh.

"Okay. Make sure you don't die so I can scare you later!" I nodded, and left, closing the door. What a cheeky ghost. A bit arrogant, but I do have to admit he was quite adorable. I walked down the stairs.

My work required me to move close to my company, so that's what I did. I never thought I would have a roommate. And a ghost roommate at that. Well, at least the place was so close to my work. I should be there with a 5 minute drive, excluding traffic time. I walked down to the garage, which came as a part of the house. The complex was set up weirdly. There wasn't many people or places to stay. Only about 5 out of 10 were occupied. Then again, it was pricy, but it was a rich area. I clicked the button on my keychain, opening the garage. Slipping into my Mazda, I started the engine. "It's so quiet...."

I backed out, and closed the garage door. Driving through the streets, it became noisier, the air filled with honking. As I had begun to get a headache, I flipped on the radio to distract me from the noise.

"All my-"

"Overplayed." I switched the channel.

"This is-"

"No one cares. Come on, can't anything good come on?" I gave up, and dealt with the honking. After about 20 minutes, I made it to work. "Damn traffic...." I parked in the lot, and head to the large building. Walking through the glass doors, I saw a counter with a woman across the room. "Ah hello? I was wondering where the Rose department was."