Chapter 5

~A/N~

Asdkfjhsdgfkjg I loved writing this chapter! I hope you enjoy it just as much! :D xx

*******

I guess I could stay for a few minutes, he said. A few minutes.

If you count nearly 90 minutes as a few, then I guess you could say he was being accurate. But to me... not so much.

I should have been infuriated. I should have started a fight after five minutes of him being there. For once in my life, I shouldn't have let him get away with everything.

But despite the thoughts going through my head, there I was, an hour and a half after he had knocked on my door, watching him and my father talk like they've been best friends their whole lives.

Even my mum was starting to get fed up with all of it. She was definitely more excited than me, about the fact that he was there, but I could see guilt in her eyes. I could see that she felt bad that both of them were putting more effort into interacting with my ex boyfriend than my current fiancé.

If only Ashton knew he was there. Oh boy.

I've actually thought about calling him, several times, and telling him about the current situation. But that meant he would find out that I worked with Louis, which would lead to him finding out I spent my work days with him, and finally to the fact that I speak and hang around my ex boyfriend. Which was something that I definitely wanted to keep undiscovered.

"And then..." Louis started, after his fiftieth laughing fit, "Then his father came to the school and offered me two Lana Del Rey tickets, just so I'd give his son a passing grade. The guy was seriously ready to do anything."

"Did you take them?" My dad asked, sipping on his third bottle of beer.

"No," He said, furrowing his eyebrows as he shook his head. "I wasn't going to sell myself for concert tickets. Everyone in that family is a lunatic."

"You did good," Dad approved, almost making me laugh in disbelief. Although, after an hour and a half, nothing could surprise me. "Besides, Lana Del Rey... who even listens to that anymore?"

"Nuh-uh," Louis immediately disagreed as he took a gulp of his coffee. His second coffee. "I love Lana Del Rey, it was just a matter of morals."

The look on my face became even sadder when my dad shrugged, a few seconds after Louis' statement. "Well, you know... everyone has their own taste."

That was also something that shocked me to the point where I just couldn't get over it; my father and Louis were two completely different people, two completely different worlds. They didn't only disagree when it came to music; they agreed on literally nothing.

And yet, they talked to each other like they had the same view on everything, same view on life. Their conversation would start as if there was going to be a fight, and then, somehow, they would find common ground.

It might have been because- okay, not might, but definitely because Louis stood up for himself and his opinions whenever he had to, and my dad seemed to greatly appreciate that. He would just let everything slide, and say something such as "we're all different" or something.

To some point, I understood why he seemed to dislike Ashton. He was plain scared of meeting my parents; and when that happened, it's like the cat got his tongue. But I thought he would understand that, I mean, what guy isn't nervous of meeting his girlfriend's parents? It's the only thing I was really pissed off about; his lack of understanding.

But I guess all of that was now thrown down the river.

"Oh... Jesus," Louis mumbled as he looked at his wristwatch. Could it be..? "I haven't noticed it's so late... I need to get going."