Chapter 4

I stumbled out of my mother's room escaping her mini fashion show in an extravagant red ball gown. I quickly closed the door behind me and took a deep breath. I looked up only to see Illumi staring at me.

"Mother found you," he said. It wasn't a question.

I glared at him as I saw the small smirk on his face which was barely readable. Unless you were me that is.

"Do you know where grandfather is?" I asked him trying to hint that I was still trying to get outside this damn mansion and hopefully soon.

"He should be outside in the gardens taking his usual walk. Ask me again after you speak to him." he replied knowing I was still trying to get him to take me along with him.

I nodded my head in thanks as I walked towards the front entrance to see if I could find grandfather outside. I made my way down the halls quickly think about how I needed to change out of this dress as soon as I possibly could. The gown was extremely hard to move in and would make fighting of any type more difficult than necessary.

I walked through the garden, leaves pooling around the skirt of my dress, until I found grandfather balancing on the top of his toe meditating.

He opened one eye, took a look at what I was wearing and said, "Kikyo found you."

I smiled and nodded my head.

He let out a chuckle and said, "Let me guess, you want me to take you outside of the manor?"

I let out a small snort and nodded my head again.

"Ah, well, you should get your brother to do that with you. We all know that you and Killua are the only ones who are able to get any kind of emotion out of him and we also all know that Killua is never going to do it." Grandfather said.

I pouted, "I thought that going with Illumi would be the best idea too but he disagrees. He keeps saying that he doesn't want to loose me so I should just stay put here. The little bastard. Well, he's not actually a bastard but still."

Grandfather smiled, "Tell him that I refuse to take you when I know that he could take you instead. Plus, it would be good for you to get your Hunter's license under an alias." he hummed, pausing for a second before continuing, "no, most people believe you are dead. An alias Hunter Licence would do you well."

"I'll let him know then." I said with a smile. "Thanks."

I quickly ran to find Illumi, when I did I jumped on him and said, "Gramps said that you should be taking me to the Hunter Exams with you."

Illumi sighed, "Fine, I will take you, but only under one condition. You have to listen to everything I say and you must change your appearance. If you want I can use my needles to change your body."

I smiled at him, "You're the best Illumi."

He sighed and shrugged me off continuing to walk down the hallway.

I hummed a little tune while I skipped towards the activity area we have in the manor. It has everything you could imagine. There's skeeball, pool tables, every video game ever, a bowling room, a basketball court, an ice-skating rink, a dance studio, etc. I decided to go to the ice rink and see if I could still skate after all these years. Plus, I love just lying on the ice. I laced up my skates and hoped on the ice. After skating a few laps I tried some easy stuff like a scratch spin, a waltz jump, some three-turns, and rockers. Then I decided I was good enough to do an axel. I did a couple of those then went for a double, then a triple. It felt great. After purposefully falling out of one of my jumps I just decided to lie there on the ice and contemplate life.

When I was done lying down on the ice I decided to get up and just mess around. I basically created this area just outside the manor. Originally it just started as an arcade for Milluki. Then Killua wanted to learn basketball so I made the courts. Then I decided that I liked ice skating so I built an ice rink. Then I kind of continued building from there. I used to make enough to keep up the maintenance and continue building with no problems. It was fun.

When I got bored I decided to go to Illumi's room. I like his bed. It smells good. There's also the giant benefit of his humongous television.

As soon as I got to Illumi's room I plopped down on his bed and passed out.

A few hours later I felt something shaking me.

"What do you want?" I mumbled into the pillow.

Someone, probably Illumi, sighed, "At least move over so that I can sleep. It is my room."

I grumbled and wiggled over to one side of the huge bed. "Happy now?" I mumbled again into the pillow.

"Very" he replied.

Soon I felt arms reach out and pull me into a hug. I let a small genuine smile cross my face as I snuggled into the embrace.

------------

AN: Again, I'm sorry it's so short. I felt I needed to update with something though as it's Christmas, for me, which is a time of giving! Happy Holidays everyone!