Chapter 9

Waking up in a dark pit to a loud blaring alarm is not one of my favorite things in life I have decided as the noise signaling the end of the competition woke me from my long underground slumber.

"Onii-san. Do you really have to put the pins in again?" I whined.

He rolled his eyes knowing that no one would be able to see him. "Unless you want me to tell father to lock you away for the rest of your life, then yes."

That quickly shut me up. I sighed as I felt the needles penetrate my skin and bones causing them to compact and making me lose several inches of height. The Nen felt warm as it washed over my body.

After putting the pins back in his body, onii-san pulled us out of the hole he had made. and put me on his shoulders taking us back to where we were originally dropped off by the boat. When we arrived, I saw Killua with his hands in his pockets looking ass bored as ever. Brat.

Once the hour everyone had to get to the original starting point was almost up the lady started asking us for the badges so she could count the points. Handing over the tags she confirmed that everyone there has all their points. At the last minute, the Freece's boy showed up with his two friends looking worse for wear. All of them turned in the points and the lady confirmed that they were safe.

After announcing that the ten applicants had passed this round, the lady told us to board the airship which had come to hover just above the land and we left the island to head to the next exam site.

On the airship, we had all been given our own rooms for the duration of the trip. Not like I was planning on using the room given to me but it was nice. An announcement came over the speakers saying that the final contestants would be interviewed before the final phase.

Once my name was called I sighed and headed towards the interview room, so tedious.

"Welcome, I have a few questions if you don't mind?" Netero-san said as I walked into the room.

Knowing him it would be a pointless questionnaire with extremely simple questions but it couldn't hurt.

"Now, Why do you want to become a Hunter?" he asked.

I sighed, "I don't really. I'm here because my it was the only way I could leave the house. Hii-Ojiisan barely leaves. Jiji wouldn't take me. Chichiue said in 20 years. Okaasan never leaves. Oniisan was the only one willing to take me and if I left on my own I think I would be locked up for the rest of my life once they caught me."

Netero-san laughed at my answer and carried on, "Next question! Which of the other applicants are you keeping an eye on?"

"99-Killua and 44-Hisoka."

"Hmm, and Which of the remaining applicants do you least want to fight?"

"99-Killua." I want to give Killu a big hug and cuddle him before I beat the crap out of him for losing all of his manners and being such a brat.

"Okay! You're free to go!"

I looked at him weirdly and then turned to leave the room.

He obviously guessed who I am. He has a history with my family. And from memory, he and jiji get along really well.

Walking back to the room I was sharing with Illu, I sighed. As nice as it is not being stuck on the mountain, I hate being stuck like this. It's annoying.

"Oniisan. He knows." I said walking into the room.

He hummed in agreement. "He recognized me as well."

I sighed, "Does that mean I still have to keep wearing these stupid pins?"

"I'll never take you out again if you ask me about them one more time," he said obviously done with my whining.