"Li? Tell us......."

"How did this happen?" Doctor Martin stood glaring down at the nurse. "You are supposed to keep an eye on your patients, not let them wander off"

"I just assumed he was showering" the nurse replied agitatedly "I went in and heard the shower running. I just thought........"

"Well, you should have checked with me before you allowed him out of bed. I strictly recommended rest. Now he's somewhere we don't don't know and he's at risk." the doctor snapped "I want you off this floor" he turned on his heel and walked away, leaving the nurse shaking. She knew she'd messed up without him yelling at her. If anything happened to Niall, she realised that she'd be partly to blame. She sighed heavily and contacted security yet again, to see if there was any news.

"No, no luck" Liam said as he rubbed his aching head. That was the fourth cab company he'd tried and none of the drivers could say if they had taken a fare to Niall's address. "What about you?" he asked the other two men and received a negative shake of the head from both of them. He checked the next number then called the company dispatcher. They were running out of options. Surely they'd get lucky. Someone had to remember.

Louis sat up straighter as he spook and his tone of voice got both Liam and Harry's attention.

"Where? Yes that's right. That was the address. Did he drop his fare off or......." Louis appeared to be listening attentively. "OK, I'll wait for you to call me". Louis ended the call and looked at the other two.'. "The dispatcher remembers sending a driver to pick up a fare about  ten blocks from the hospital and take him to Niall's address. He doesn't know what happened then as the driver has finished his shift for the day. He's going to try and contact him and find out if he can tell us anything more" Louis paced up and down as he spoke, full of nervous energy. He jumped when his phone started to ring. "Yeah, yeah. Let me get a pen" Louis hurriedly searched around giving Harry a nod of thanks as he thrust a pen into Louis hand along with a notepad. Louis wrote feverishly. "Thanks, just thanks" He hung up. "The cabbie took his fare to a small motel on the east side. I got the address" he waved the paper in the air. "Come on, let's go"

"No, I'm sorry. I can't tell you if we've any person of that name staying here" the young receptionist at the check in desk was adamant.

"Look, this is important. It's a matter of life or death" Liam tried again but the girl refused to help him. Louis slammed his hand down on the counter top in frustration. Harry rubbed his arm and looked at him, indicating he needed to calm down.

"Ummh, I know that you shouldn't tell us anything but we really need to find our friend, Vanessa". Harry had glanced quickly at her name tag on her blouse, " He's very sick" Harry bent down so he was eye level with the girl and smiled at her, his eyelashes fluttering gently over his beautiful green eyes as he stared into her own hazel eyes.

"ummh..ah" she stuttered totally mesmerised by both Harry's charm and his eyes. "Look, I can't tell you anything" she glanced nervously over her shoulder to where a woman sat at a desk, busily writing. "But........." she opened the register  at the page for that day " I'll just check, Sir" she said loudly and walked away, returning a few moments later. Harry read the information upside down and gave her a thumbs up , accompanied by his dazzling smile when she returned. She smiled back at him.

"Room 45" Harry whispered and they all followed him out. "It's said James Gallagher on the resister but it's Niall's writing". Thy walked as quickly and as discreetly as possible to the room and knocked on the door. There was silence from within and nobody answered the loud knock. Harry tried again.

"Maybe he's out" Liam suggested but Harry and Louis doubted that.

"He'd not want to be seen. Maybe he's sleeping" Harry replied. He knocked again, even louder but still there was no response.

"Hazza, you can't just do that" Liam whispered as he watched Harry turn the door handle. "What if it isn't Niall's room" he hissed looking to see if anyone was watching them.

"It is Niall" Harry whispered back "It was definitely his writing in the register. He's just used hi stepdad's name to register. "It's open" he pushed the door open and they all crept into the room and looked about swiftly. "Yeah, it's Niall, all right" Harry recognised the bag that was sitting on the floor next to the bed.

"Niall?" Liam called out "Are you here?"

"He's out" Louis said, he must be." He wandered towards the bathroom and screamed "Niall! Oh my G*d!". He dashed in and knelt by Niall's crumbled form "He's breathing. We need help."

"Let's take him in the car" Harry took charge immediately. "It's quicker " He helped Liam pick up Niall's small body and, when he knew Liam had him securely, he dashed off to bring the car closer. "I'll come around the back way" he called over his shoulder.

"Take him through here" Louis went before, checking for anyone being around but the coast was clear. He held open the fire exit and Liam soon had manhandled Niall into the back of Harry's Range Rover. Harry didn't waste any time. He put his foot down.

"If the police stop us, I'll ask for an escort" Harry told the others as he sped up as much as he could, racing through two red lights. Luck was on his side however and they pulled up in front of the hospital. Louis leapt out and yelled for help which appeared very quickly. Liam almost threw Niall onto the waiting gurney and Niall was transported away, Liam following closely. Harry and Louis collapsed in the waiting area and stared at the swing doors that Niall had recently disappeared through.

"Hazza" Louis asked patiently "Can you stop pacing? It's making me even more nervous.

"Sorry, mate" Harry sat down next to Louis but was unable to stay still. In minutes he was back on his feet, pacing the length of the room once more. "I wish we'd hear something. I can't take this waiting.

"Yeah, me neither. I'm going to ask" Louis stood up and was about to head towards the desk where two women were working when Liam came through the swing doors, pale faced and shaking slightly.

"How is he?" Harry immediately asked.Liam walked passed him and flopped down onto a seat and put his head into his hands.

"Li? Tell us".................Louis begged, his heart in his mouth.

Three updates so close together. Can you tell I am bored being stuck in bed.