~Six~

You stumble into the hotel room, Ryuzaki letting you in; the room is empty so your companion leads you towards your room settling you down. Watari comes in moments later with a first aid kit. "Here hold still," Ryuzaki instructs you, taking tweezers and pulling out the shards of glass still in your leg. All you do is hiss at the bigger pieces stinging because do to your drunken state pain felt numb. "Ok this might hurt more," He said taking out a clear liquid and spread the liquid out on the cloth disinfecting all of it; sleep was pulling at out but Ryuzaki went ahead and wrapped your leg up till it was up to your lower thigh, the bandages missing most of your knees so that you can still walk with ease. 

Laying you down on the bed Ryuzaki puts a lighter blanket on you, but he doesn't leave after he turns the lights off; he stays sitting his own way on your bed. "We're switching hotels tomorrow," He says quietly being responded by a drawled out slur of words. "Your file is right about you; short tempered and hotheaded. I never would of thought that I would've lost it because of you," He mumbles. "In the morning after we leave I want you to start helping though I admit it is my fault that you haven't been already," He sighs and starts flattening out the notes.

"We didn't do anything other than send Ukita to the TV station. After the chief came back we watched all of the tapes and have decided to give her the fourth one which means 'no'." His voice starts lulling you to sleep and before you completely pass out you hear him say something that would've made you slap him again if it wasn't for your current state. "My name isn't Ryuzaki, it's L," He said and then left leaving you dropping into the abyss of sleep.

The next morning you wake up to the sun pouring through your window and you whine keeping your eyes shut and rolling away from the window. "C'mon it's time to go," A voice-Ls'- shouts into the room causing you to whine again. "Shut up," You whisper hoping that you can get yourself to sleep again. He tears the sheets off of you and you hiss at the man, but he ignores you and grab both of your wrists pulling you out of the bed.

Stumbling forward you grab his shirt making it obvious that you were very hung-over. "Watari can you bring (F/N) to the next hotel early?" He calls causing you to close your eyes tight and without noticing pushing your head into his chest.

"What are you doing?" He asks sounding flustered. "Shut up...everything hurts," You mumble into his shirt. "Come Rika," Watari says bringing you out into the car and driving you down town in silence which made you fall back asleep.

Waking up you arrive at the hotel and trudge into your hotel room feeling more awake. Waiting around the room you decide to test out the makeup you bought the other day in the bathroom (after of course you threw up a few times). After an hour or so you end up deciding on the following makeup and styling your (H/C) hair as shown:

"Very well," He mumbles "I'm going to want you to stay out of the investigation today,"

"Why, didn't you say that I could help?" You protest "Yes but once we get to the new Head Quarters you can help but today I need to you to hang around and keep tabs on Light Yagami." He responds stoically sending you out to a college. "Oh isn't this great," You mumble yourself getting into the building. Heading into the classroom that L told you to go into you hang around the back and spot Light with a girl. You hang around till class ended and walked behind Light and his 'friend'.

You follow the couple outside being unsuspected eavesdropping on their conversation. " I wouldn't say that. I just know how to get by. That's all." Came Light and then he suddenly stopped, and stared at something. Scratch that someone and that someone is L. "Hey, what's wrong?" Came the girls' voice noticing Lights sudden stop.

"Hah. Hey, Light. How's it going?" L asks. You give him an odd look hoping that he would give you an explanation with just one look; he wouldn't let his gaze leave Light. "Kiyomi, could we continue this later? I need a moment alone with him." The college student asks. "Ah, OK" She replies leaving the scene just like that. "I hope she's not upset." L says sounding fake concerned.
"Never mind that," He answers shaking L off "Is it OK to be here? Didn't you say you were afraid to appear in public?"

"Yeah, I did."The other man responds airily "But then I realized that as long as you are not Kira, I should be safe. The fact is, you are the only one on the outside who knows me as L. In the unlikely event that I die in the next few days, I've instructed your father and everyone in the headquarters to assume that you are Kira." You then see Light tense up the slightest bit; so slight that you assume that even L-Ryuzaki didn't notice. "Besides, you told me yourself that you missed having me around at school, so I figured why not come back for a little change of pace. As long as it doesn't kill me, college is a lot of fun." He had said. Their conversation continues like that until a blonde shows' up.

"Light! There you are! I had a photo shoot nearby so I thought I'd come by to see you." Came the blonde throwing her hands around Lights neck. "Oh, this must be a friend of yours. He looks so different. Unique." She observes continuing on with, "Hi, there. I'm Light's girlfriend, Misa Amane. Nice to meet you." She says sticking out her hand that didn't get shaken. L then introduces himself as a famous pop idle and they have a 'small talk' about that for a minute or so.

"Light, you are a lucky guy." L says faking jealousy. Light then gives L a confusing look "Huh?"
The older then turns to Misa and say, "I have been a huge fan of yours ever since the August issue of Eighteen." Admiration was written all over his face and it just put you off. 'Rubbed you the wrong way' as the expression is. "What? Really? That's so sweet of you!" She shouts out of pure happiness.

People started shouting about how they recognized Misa and a crowd of students came circling around her blocking your view. Joining the crowd you watch Misa and Light along with L. Speaking of L he the moves behind the model causing you to raise your eyebrow. "No way, somebody just touched my butt!" She shouted causing the students to mumble among themselves.
" This is an outrage! Taking advantage of this situation is unforgivable. I'll find whoever is responsible for this." L shouted acing like he was some stereotypical hero that would save everyone and everything. You start laughing to yourself while Misa responds with, "Haha, oh Ryuga, you're so funny." Soon her manager came back and started asking her if she wants to be late and they leave having the crowd disperse in her wake. You yourself walk some ways from the two men and start to pretend busy yourself with your phone like every teenager does these days. You can't blame them though, you yourself is twenty-two and that's all you want to do sometimes.

L and Light exchange a few more words before Light starts heading towards the education building; looking towards L he gives a side long glance that just looked stoic but also somehow made you feel better to where Light went as if your acquaintance has everything under control.

Looking back towards the brunette you notice that he stopped and had a phone pressed to his ear trying to call someone. Going over to the bench you sit and can listen to the conversation clearly.  "Yes? Hello?" Came a males voice-Ls' being answered by " What do you mean "Hello"?" 'Oh this is going to be good,' you think to yourself a smirk forming on your face looking over the file on Light Yagami on your phone. "Oh, is that you, Light?
I guess someone must have dropped this phone in all of the commotion earlier on."
'Nice pick pocketing L,' "Ah, hello?" Ryuzaki says into his end of the line.
"Yeah. That's...that's Misa's cell phone you have. I can give it back to her." Light said his body showing off his tenseness in this situation. Another set of ringing goes off catching you off guard and you go rigid trying not to look up.
"Oh, understand. It's actually my cell phone." Came L and the phone bad a static noise being answered by him saying, "Ahem. Yes. Yes, I see. So it's done, then. I understand.".

He hangs up the phone turning to the college student and informs him that the Misa girl had been taken into custody.

ti��V��Z�