05 ~ I Like You

Dean collapsed into a dirty metal garden chair in the garage and threw his feet up onto the table. He'd just finished work on a gold '78 Lincoln Continental Mark V and was quite worn out.

"You finished on that pimpmobile out the back?" Bobby asked as he shut the bonnet of a rusty red Ford Fiesta.

Dean snorted, "Yeah. Who has a gold car anyway?"

"I do."

Dean spun around as fast as he could, almost falling out of the chair, "Cas?"

"I was told my car would be fixed around 3pm and since it is exactly 3pm, I decided I'd come and see how it is," Castiel told him.

"You own the '78 Lincoln Continental Mark V?" Bobby asked and Dean snorted, remembering what he'd called it just moments ago.

"Yes," Castiel replied, ignoring his soulmate.

"Dean, bring the car round the front," Bobby ordered, "and we'll discuss the price."

Dean did as he was told and when he returned Cas was handing Bobby a few crisp paper notes. They had yet to invest in a machine for people to pay by card at the garage which made their jobs slightly more difficult. As Bobby took the money, Dean noticed his eyes widen and then his eyes widened too as he realized why; Castiel's hand had the same drawings as Dean's did.

"Dean, come over here," Bobby called and Dean gulped as he walked towards him. Swiftly, Bobby grabbed the boys hands, examining the identical drawings.

"Why didn't you tell me, Dean?" Bobby cried, "Why didn't you introduce me to him when he walked in?"

"Because he doesn't want to be my soulmate," Castiel answered for Dean, earning a glare from him.

"You idjit!" Bobby yelled, hitting Dean's shoulder, gently but still hard enough for him to cry out. Suddenly, Bobby got an idea. He grabbed their hands again, and pushed them together. When Dean realized what he was doing, he tried to pull away but somehow, he and Cas still ended up holding hands.

"You two," Bobby told them, "are going on a date."

"Already tried that," Dean snapped. He was starting to get annoyed with Bobby. He of all people should be able to understand Dean's reluctance to date a guy.

"Well, let's try again," Cas smiled, squeezing Dean's hand, "After all, the first time didn't go too well, did it?"

"Go on Dean. You'll thank me later." Bobby said before pushing the boys towards Cas' car, "Now go! You can have the rest of the day off, Dean!"

Dean sighed, "Fine, just let me change out of my overalls." He strode over to the hook on the wall where his worn leather jacket hung. Tugging off the thick blue material of his overalls, Dean chucked it aside and pulled on his leather jacket over his grey t-shirt that was damp with sweat. He could feel Cas' eyes on him all the while. When he was done, he walked back over to him.

"Let's get this over with," he half-growled and slid into Cas' car, slamming the door behind him. The inside was almost as spotless as the outside, apart from a few fast food wrappers on the back seats and it had a strong scent of old books, much like he boy himself. Dean felt himself relax slightly.

Castiel joined him seconds later, a small frown pulling his eyebrows together in the center.

"I'd like to think I'm not that bad, Dean," he murmured.

Dean didn't reply. Instead he just looked out the window - he didn't want Cas to see how guilty he looked. Castiel started up the car and they set off. A few minutes into the drive, Dean realized he had no clue where he was taking him.