13 ~ Adam

"Cas? Fuck it. I'm done with this shit."

Dean paced his room as he whispered down the phone, trying not to be heard by his family.

"I'm done with the hiding. Ok? I'm done."

There was silence on the other end of the line before Castiel spoke up a few seconds later;

"I'm confused, Dean. Are you saying we don't see each other or-"

"No!" Dean cried then hurriedly hushed his voice, "I'm saying- Cas, will you be my boyfriend?"

He heard Cas' sharp intake of breath and his heart skipped a beat. Suddenly, laughter bubbled out of his soulmate's mouth;

"Yes! Yes, Dean! Oh my God, yes!"

Dean found himself laughing too, grinning with euphoria. He'd finally done it - finally worked up the courage to actually make it official, make them official. Castiel Novak was finally his boyfriend.

"Dean, I hate to be a killjoy but what about your dad? Isn't he the reason why you wanted to keep us a secret?" Cas spoke up, shattering the moment.

"Fuck my dad," Dean muttered, "If things go sour I can always stay with Bobby and I have friends and family to protect me. I'll be fine."

"You're sure?"

Dean nodded before remembering his boyfriend couldn't see him, "100%"

"Good. So what do you think about a date?"

"When?"

"I don't know," Cas admitted, "but I do know that I want you with me right now so get your assbutt over here."

"Assbutt?"

"I couldn't decide which word to go with."

Dean chuckled, "You're adorable."

"So, my place in ten minutes?"

"You bet."

With that, they hung up and Dean was alone in his room again. He sprung into action seconds later, changing his clothes, neatening his hair and popping some minty gum in his mouth. Then he leaped down the stairs - and straight into his dad.

"Dean, what're you up to?"

"I, uh, I was actually just about to go out," Dean admitted, instantly standing straighter on the last step. There were barely five paces between him and the front door.

"Where?" John Winchester gazed at his eldest son suspiciously, anger starting to flicker in his eyes.

"My friend Cas' house."

"Fine. What time will you be back?"

Dean barely managed to conceal his shock at his father's reaction.

"Maybe around 11pm, I'm not too sure."

"Be back before 10," John ordered, "Aim for 9:30. If you're back after 10, you'll be locked out the house all night, you hear me?"

"Yes, sir."

Shit. That only gave him three and a half hours with Cas. He stepped around his father who nodded at him before continuing up the stairs. Dean waited until he was gone before he bolted out the door, fishing his car keys out of his pocket, and threw himself into the Impala. The car engine roared into life and he was speeding down the road in a matter of seconds. He turned on some music and it blared out of the old speakers, halfway through a song that someone had been listening to before him - probably his dad. Dean had definitely inherited his music taste from John. In fact, some days he felt like he'd inherited too much from his father. Some days he felt like he was basically a younger version of him. And it scared him. He ground his teeth in frustration at the thought and focused on the music instead - Personality Crisis by New York Dolls.