4

America and Russia walked back into the lobby. America immediately went off to make sure everyone was at least downstairs and getting something to eat. He was weird about that, making sure everyone had eaten. Is it an American thing? Ivan had always wondered. It made him happy to know that someone like America could care so much about others, even if they had hurt him in the past.

"Hey Ivan," Canada greeted, walking up to the larger country. He wasn't that much smaller, but his quietness made him seem that way. "I don't completely approve of your... relationship, with my brother, but I don't disapprove of it either. But, if you hurt him, I swear to all you hold dear that I will blow you off the face of the earth. Okay?" he smiled and walked away.

Russia was stunned. And completely silent. The Canadian could be intimidating? To him? He was still staring off into space in a confused silence when he felt someone tug on his scarf. Russia turned to look, and saw his bubbly American again.

"It's almost time to go. I've arranged for New York and New Jersey to come along too. I may be the country, but they are the states, so they'll know a little more about the monument itself than I do. I just don't want this to go like it did last time York saw England."

Ivan pondered this. He had heard rumors that the states had their own personifications, but he didn't know for sure. Now he knew.

Everyone was gathered in the lobby by now. Some were chatting amongst themselves, while others were doing things like reading or watching others do things. The Nordics were there, along with England, France, Canada, Japan, Germany, China, Italy, Romano, Spain, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, Austria, Hungary, and Prussia.

"Alright everyone, listen up!" America announced from in front of the fireplace that all hotels seem to have, "Today is a day of rememberence for the people of my country. So, to truly show you all how we will always stand together, I, along with some assistance, will be showing you one of my favorite things in the whole country."

"Is bloody New York going to be there?" England asked, stepping forward.

"Of course he is, this is his state, after all. And if you hurt him, I will end you." he said darkly. Russia was surprised to hear that tone not directed at him. Alfred tried to keep a good attitude when addressing the other countries. He must really care for his states.

Two people walked in. Both were male, and about the same height, which was only about an inch shorter than Canada. The first one had dark red eyes, black hair that covered the left side of his face, a red t-shirt, a black, knee-length jacket with a collar, and headphones around his neck. There was also a knife holster on his thigh, barely visible against the black fabric of his skinny jeans. The other one also had black hair, but it looked like a hybrid of the man's next to him and Denmark's, with dark blue eyes, a dark blue hoody, jeans with holes at the knees, a black bandana around his neck, and black gloves. He had a gun where the other one had a knife. They were intimidating, to say the least.

"This is New York," America said, pointing to the one with red eyes. York shot a glare at England. "And this," he pointed to the other one, "is-"

"He's New Jersey, and he's an idiot. But he's my idiot, so don't touch him." New York interrupted.

"I am not! And I don't need you to protect me!" New Jersey spat back indignantly.

"Boys, we don't have time for this, lets just go now before something bad happens."

"Yeah, like York stabbing England again."

"I might still stab him."

"Please don't stab England while we're at the memorial, York."

"No promises."