Chapter 2

Darkness.

We wake up on the floor of the Prima Donna dressing room as I suspected. I rub my head and Scarlett looks at her cut elbow. "Where are we?" Scarlett says with confusion and fear in her voice. I stand up and pull her up to her feet. "Scarlett... This is gonna sound really weird but I think we are in the Phantom's world..." She laughs a little then realizes Im serious. "Wait really?! Oh my god. What are we going to do?!" I put a finger to her lip and carefully opened the door. "Its night. They are all sleeping. We have to be quiet."

I whisper and Scarlett sits in the chair. "We are so screwed Elise." I smiled and kneeled infront of her. "Listen, I know what to do. Clean and obey, be as polite as possible. If La Carlotta is the Prima Donna, do your best not to piss her off, even though thats pretty impossible." She chuckles and calms down. "Ok. Dont go running off with the Phantom when I'm gone ok?" I punch her arm and blush. "Scarlett shut up! If I go anywhere near him he'll kill me. I am a maid. He kills maids." She smirks. "Well... You are a pretty amazing singer... If Carlotta is still the Prima Donna, you can take her place." I freeze. 'Me? The Prima Donna?! If there is a chance of me becoming the Prima Donna, Erik will kill me! Christine has to be the star! He'll get pissed at me.' I get lost in my own thoughts, and Scarlett raises an eyebrow. "Elise? You ok?" I snap out of it and nod. "Yea Im fine. Well we have to find a place to sleep. Theres a dormitory for people who work here so we should head over." Scarlett nods and I lead the way. During the walk Scarlett asks me, "You know your way around don't you?" She whispers. I nod as we reach the dormitory. There are two beds in the middle and we slowly and quietly crawl in. 'This is weird...' I shrug and whisper to Scarlett, "Night." She whispers the same back and we fall asleep.

-Time skip-

Its about 6:30 in the morning (Im guessing) and we get up and change into a clean outfit. A young man probably about 2-3 years older than Scarlett and I, approaches up with a grin. "Good morning Mademoiselles! How did you sleep?" We look at each other confused. "We slept well thank you. How did you sle-" Someone in the kitchen yells to him. "Pierre! Come help!" Pierre. His name is Pierre. 'Cute.' He sighs. "I hope you two will excuse me as I tend to the kitchen. Elise," He takes my hand and kisses my knuckles. "I hope to see you soon." 'What. Is. Going. On.' Scarlett nudges me and winks. "Hes cute Elise. Wink wonk." I laugh and get some cleaning supplies. "Be quiet and help me clean." She smiles and we head to the stage and tend to it and the props. After about 30 minutes, the dancers come on and I see the one and only Christine. I practically despised her for doing horrible things to my Erik, but she was a nice young girl. Scarlett kept cleaning and sometimes glanced over at me to see if I wasnt flipping out about Christine. I hurried up cleaning and went to the kitchen. Like a shadow, Scarlett followed. A woman by the name of Alice gave us simple recipes to make and things to take care of. As always, we obeyed. 'These people are so nice. I thought they would be mean to us.' I thought as the day seemed to crawl by. We cleaned almost everything that could be cleaned and unfortunately, Scarlett had to take care of La Carlotta. She was nervous and I told her to remember what I said before: "Clean and obey." She did just that but I had to clean her room. Beautiful bouquets of flowers were everywhere! Its a shame they had to go to waste. I clean the floor and the table and sing softly to myself as I always do.

Dreams to dream, in the dark of the night. When the world goes wrong, I can still make it right. I can see... So far in my dreams. I will follow my dreams until they come true... Come with me... You will see what I mean. Theres a world... Inside. No one else sees. You will go so far in my dreams...somewhere in my dreams... Your dreams will come true...
There is a star, waiting to guide us, shining inside us... Until we close our eyes!-

My voice got louder as I heard the door start to open. 'SHIT clean Elise clean!' Oh my God. Pierre. "Mademoiselle Elise. I didn't know you could sing!" My face flushes and I put the few strands of stray hair from my bun behind my ear. "That is because I can't Pierre. I am a maid, not a singer." I try to shoo him away but I fail horribly. "Well I would say you are. You have a beautiful voice Elise. I have heard you once before but long ago." I laugh awkwardly. 'Scarlett send help.' "Thats very kind of you but I have not a chance." He smiles. 'Hes kinda cute...' "I beg to differ." Scarlett comes in through the other door. "Bonjour Elise. Pierre." He bows his head and turns to me. "Good Evening Elise." I curtesy and he walks out. "Elise has got a mannnnnnnnn." She taunts. "Shut up. He heard me sing which was embarrassing and decided to come in. Hes cute but not my type." She giggles. "If you say so. I have to go prepare some things for Carlotta. See you later." I gave her a tight squeeze. "Good luck!" She walks out and closes the door behind her. Here I am. Alone in the Prima Donna room. 'I should probably clean some more...' As I grab my duster, the candles blow out and its silent. "Oh no." I whisper.

A/N: GUYS IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHIT. Please keep reading I swear it gets better. Also I will have author notes either in the beginning or the end of the chapter. Keep reading lovelies!