Chapter Six (Expat)

*****************************************************************

Madami pong nangyari sa akin recently kaya inabot ng ganito katagal ang update ko..

Thank you sa lahat ng bumabasa…Please vote/comment and recommend.

Lots of love.. love… love…..

City

********************************************************************

LIGHT"S POV

I started trembling when the plane touches the ground… I didn't expect fate will bring me back to this long forgotten land. Philippines….. How I hate to be back. It's been almost 10 years when I left this country and now I'm returning back as a tourist, not actually a tourist but the correct term is expatriates. If only Takashi San didn’t get married, I might be savoring ramen from my favorite restaurant right now.

I taste bitterness in my tongue.. There's no turning back. I let out a heavy sigh and took my bag. The company made a reservation at Dusit Hotel. I'll be staying there. I went out of the airport and hailed a cab. I instruct the driver whereto.

As I watched the view outside, some changed but mostly doesn’t, a lot of garbage across the streets and the never ending traffic. Does she change? I don't know.. I reach for my phone and immediately dialed the number.

Calling Yumi….

'Hello?'

"I'm in Manila right now. Tell me your address and I will drop by after settling my things at the hotel." I say flatly, no hint of excitement or happiness.

"Hello Brother! Still stiff as ever? Welcome  back! I'll cook for you… We're at the ancestral house. You know the address..I'm sure Yuki will be surprised!" Hearing her makes me chill.. Yuki… she's probably grown too much as I remember… I sense happiness on my sister's voice. I envy her. I live a different life. It's my choice anyway. But sincerely? Deep within I missed her.

"Yeah! I'll bought something for her. Don't tell her I'm coming.."       

"You better do. Matampuhin yun." She said laughing.

"I know, nagmana siya sayo." Nakita kong napatingin ang taxi driver dahil nagtagalog ako. I bet he thinks I'm a foreigner. I am technically.

"Sure.. Kanino pa ba? Alright, I'll start preparing.. " she finished

I looked outside the window… Yumi settled years ago, while I am burning mine.  I close my eyes and feel the emptiness… this is me… after everything..

"Sir nandito na po tayo." Pukaw ng driver sa akin.

"How much?" I asked looking at the meter.

"150 po.." He tears off the receipt and gives it to me. I paid the exact amount. Then went directly to the lobby.

Yumi's POV

Light finally came back. He still sounds broken.. Julie where are you? What happened to you? Please come back and mend my brother. Matagal ko ng dalangin yan. At first Light is like a rebel. Party here and there, drunk and drugs.. He's been thru a lot. Halos sumuko na ang parents namin noon until finally they've decided to take him to Okinawa.I thought it makes him better but I somehow think that it worsens him. Being there makes him like a human cyborg. Stiff and empty. Emotionless…. I regret the times that I wasn’t there to be with him because I handled my own problems way back. Vince and I made a mistake of having pre-marital sex at the age of 16. Yuki was the fruit of it all but unlike Light and Julie, we bear the consequences, and we didn’t give up. We continue our study and graduated with Yuki as our motivation. I can say we're better.

"Hon, Light's on the way. Prepare the tables and his forever love Ramen." Vince called out.

"Okay Hon." I started to set up the table. Yuki will be here by 12 in the afternoon. Surely she will be astonished. Nakikita lang niya ang tito niya sa Skype. But they get along well. He never forgets her birthday, Light always sends her a gift. He's actually fond of her. Siguro dahil kung buhay and anak nila ni Julie baka magkasing edad lang sila ni Yuki. It's funny that both I and Julie conceived our child the same day. Nakakapanghinayang talaga…akala ko pa naman noon mas matured sila to handle the situation. It seems they got pretty overwhelmed by the responsibility. Idagdag pa ang pressure nina Mom and Dad noon.

I saw Yuki stride to her sit. Tsk.. clever girl.

"Hep Hep… may bisita tayo hija.. Please behave and act with finesse." I warned her. Medyo boyish kasi si Yukia dahil siguro puro boys ang mga nakakalaro niya.

"Mom! Maayos po ako makitungo sa bisita.. Sino po ba ang dadating?" Tumusok ito ng Hotdog at inisang subo lang.

"Officemate." I said swiftly.

"huh? Sunday? Seriously Mom?" kunot noong tanong niya. Nakabitin sa ere and pangalawang hotdog na isusubo   niya.

We heard the bell, he's here. I went to the door.

LIGHTS POV

As I pressed the doorbell seconds later I hear steps approaching. Yumi opened the door and smiled at me ear to ear. I smile back as she hugs me tightly. Teary eyed as she is we went inside the house. I look around and admire the ambiance. Very relaxing and homey; the interior's a combination of pastel colors. Yumi's taste indeed. My eye catch a sight of Yuki at the corner jaw almost dropped in awe.

"Tito!!!!!!!!!!!!" agad niya akong sinugod nang yakap. I hug her back.

"How are you niece? What’s with the baggy clothes?" Inilayo ko siya ng kaunti para mapagmasdan ang suot niyang damit.

"It's the new trend Uncle. Wala po kayong pasalubong?" She says giggling.

"of course meron, para sa paborito kong pamangkin. But first I have to eat. I'm famished." At hinimas ko pa ang tiyan ko. I request a ramen dahil alam kong perfect na ni yumi iyon. Vince came out from the bathroom and nods at me. I salute to him and nod back. What a distant welcome. I told myself. Giniya na ako ni Yumi sa dinning table habang nakayakap parin si Yuki sa beywang ko. I notice Yumi still crying.

"sis ang weird ng welcome mo sa akin. Emotional masyado." I wiped out her tears.

"Kasi naman na-miss kita eh! Payakap nga kuya!"

I rolled my eyes and embrace her. I feel human again. Nakakaramdam ng emosyon.. I missed her also.

After which we sat at the dining table and eat solemnly. Nagkamustahan lang ng tungkol sa mga dati naming mga kaibigan. As I watched how happy Yumi is, the way Vince looked at her and vice versa. The excited stories of Yuki I can't help but feel remorse. Way back, if I hadn’t been a fool I would have had a family like this.

*******************************************************************************

Aith…kala ko ba dream lang yun?Anyare?

Thank you for reading guys.

Please vote and comment

Thanks & love love love

City

***************************************************************************