6. Ow

Eden lay on the floor. Her face mutilated. Eden was unconscious, unable to feel her face. Jaime strode over his scarab still in control, he readied his cannon, but was cut off by a green bolt.

"Enough!" Exclaimed Starfire, her arm raised. The bolt clearly coming from her. Jaime lowered his arm and shook his head, as if he was trying to shake of the guilt of what he had just done.

"I tried to stop it," he proclaimed, his armour slithering away from his face. Damian still held Eden in his arms, he was hurting. It was all his fault. He did this to Eden. He was never going to be able to see her face again. His lip quivered slightly as his uncaring demeanor turned into a look of anguish and guilt. "Dios mio is she dead?" Starfire knelt down beside Eden, moving her hand towards Eden. Starfire removed as much of Eden's mask as she could, although it was hard as it was burnt to her face.

"She's still alive," reported Starfire.

"Barely," Damian growled. He looked down at the girl in his arms. The hair on the right side if her hair had been burnt to a crisp, leaving locks of burnt brown hair all over the ground.

"This is going to be an awkward call to Batman," Garfield said, trying to lighten things up slightly, but Damian shot him down with a single harsh glare. Raven stepped forward towards Eden's mangled body.

"Everyone get back," ordered Raven. The Titans moved, but Damian didn't budge, instead he wrapped his arms tighter around Eden, drawing her closer to his chest. "I won't be able to help her if you don't step aside." Damian moved away reluctantly and with a huff, as he gently set Eden down on the floor. Raven crouched down and gingerly placed her fingers in either side of Eden's temple.

"By the powers of Azarath I beseech you," Raven chanted. "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos." Raven started to glow, a bright, purple light surrounding her and she felt herself sift through Eden's memories. Flashes of a younger, Eden appeared. With her eyes lit up, full of wonder. Raven saw Eden as she grew up, the wonder and hope left her eyes as time grew on. Raven saw two figures, lying unmoving in a dark and bloody room. Dark red splotches covered to floor and little specks and been flicked onto the walls. Eden stood in the middle of the horror, no older than seven. She gazed upon the scene, one of the figures had a sword protruding out of their chest, the other their legs were on the other side of the room. Raven saw Eden's life spread out in front of her, like a movie playing in her mind. She saw Damian, with a small smile placed upon his face as Damian sat in front of Eden in a burger shop. She saw a computer as Eden read a file with Damian's name right at the top of the page. She saw snippets of Eden's life inside of Wayne manor, she saw the face of a woman, just her face. As each scene played in Raven's head Eden's face healed, the burn retreating as the skin of her face knit itself back together. Suddenly Raven's eyes turned a bright white, they shone brightly. Raven felt herself yanked out of Eden's memory, as she collapsed onto the floor. Damian stared at Eden's face in wonderment. It looked new, not a burn in sight. Starfire lifted Raven's head up from its place in the floor, as Damian knelt back down beside Eden and took her into his arms.

"We need to get her back to her room," declared Starfire. "Garfield?" Garfield's body shifted as he turned into a large, green, Gorilla. Garfield lifted Raven into his arms.

"I've got her," he said solemnly, carrying Raven away. Eden let out a groan of pain. As she shifted, Eden's eyes opened in panic, as she found herself in unfamiliar arms. Eden's reflexes kicked in and she pushed herself out of Damian's tight grip. Eden turned looking at Damian who had a guilty look plastered all over his face. Eden's hands shot up to her face, feeling the tender skin underneath the gloves on her hands. It wasn't burnt or bloody, like she expected it to be. It was smooth and new. Eden looked at Damian innocently, confusion written all over her face.