chapter 5

Monday arrived earlier than they expected. Nina and Jennet were afraid and nervous. Their job profile had been changed. Only saving grace is Jack becoming the manger.

As they entered the office they felt everything were changed and they are entering a new office.

Many new faces are roaming with authority and old faces looked confused and angry for losing their place.

One of their coworker Mary stood there like almost crying.

" What happened Mary' Nina asked concerned.

" I was assigned to work two floor below under a new boss. I was comfortable in my old job. I can't do this. But I can't leave job either. I have a family." She said sobbing.

Nina and Jennet stood there what to say next. Because they too are helpless.

"Let's collect our appointments" Nina said at last being courageous.

As they approached desk two men and a woman sat there distributing appointment letters to employees.

"Name"

"Nina Wilson."

Nina was handed over a sealed cover.

Next Jennet stood nervous. Asked the same question as Nina.

"Name"

"Jennet Williams"

The lady looked at her and handed over a sealed cover too.Both woman walked towards corridor.

"Hi girls " Jeff stood there happily.

"You look happy" Nina commented.

"I at last got my dream job. I am working with machines with much good salary. "

Jeff always wanted to work with machines as he was mechanical engineer. But he was stuck in paper works. May be new job was not bad thing. Jennet thought happily.

"Where is Jack?" Jennet asked.

"He reached early and collected his appointment and went with Mr.Tyson to take over his post. As manger his responsibilities are high.He need to prepare many reports before the new CEO joins here. He said will try to meet you at lunch" Jeff informed her.

"Why don't you girls open your letters " Jeff said as if he knew what is in

Nina opened her letter first.

"Manager's P A. Means Jacks P A. I am saved" she yelled.

Jennet suddenly become sad.

He could have chosen me

Seeing that Jeff said.

"Don't be Sad Jen, Jack wanted you as his P A. But you are assigned more important job so you are not available. So I asked him to take Nina as his P A. So that I can be assured she is safe from new cronies of office"

"It's OK." She was surly disappointed. But confused at same time that

More Important Job.

What that could be?

Answer is in her hands she just need to open.

Jennet opened her appointment letter and stunned for a moment.

"What is it written "Nina asked eagerly.

"Secretary to CEO"