3. Are You Joking?

My mom decided that since it's Friday, I can just stay home. That's usually how everything works. I go to school Monday through Thursday but by Friday, I can't do it anymore and I stay home. 

The more that I think about it, the more I want to talk to my mom about doing Cyber school. I've been sticking it out since the start of school which was four months ago. I got diagnosed in early July so, yeah. 

I've been laying in bed, watching Netflix for the past three hours, thinking about everything. How I want to stop going to school, how I need to go to another chemo therapy, how I already formed a small crush on Vic, and how he's totally not into me.

I sigh sadly and turn the t.v off and grabbed my phone. I send a quick text to the group chat, hoping someone would answer.

Someone come visit me. I'm sad and lonely :(

Bliss- I've got you. I'll be up in like ten minutes.

I stand up and walk to the living room to wait for Bliss. 

Bliss is definitely an interesting character. She always has bright colored hair that usually ties in with the season. Like, it's winter now so her hair is a light blue, silver and over the summer, it was a really bright purple.

She's one of my closet girl friends even though there are only three of them. Clair and Carli are like sisters so they're really close to each other more than Bliss. Dakota and I immediately took her under our wings because we met her Sophomore year when she was a Freshmen and was getting bullied. 

"Kell?" I hear Bliss's voice call from the front door. 

"Living room." I shout back to her. She comes in and throws herself down beside me.

"What's up my hairless friend?" She asks jokingly.

"Like I said in the text, lonely and sad." I tell her.

"I know. But why?" She asks, sitting up. I rest my head against her shoulder. 

"I don't know. I think I'm gonna talk to my mom about getting cyber schooled. I don't think I can do this much longer." I say sadly, my eyes burning from unshed tears and coughing a little.

"You do what you need to do. Don't push yourself like this. If you can't do it anymore, then don't." She says soothingly.

"I don't want to loose touch with all you guys though." I tell her honestly, tears trailing down my face. I lift my hand up and rub them away with my sweater sleeve. 

"You won't and I can promise you that. The only one you would ever have chance of loosing is Mike because, lemme tell you, you have Vic wrapped around your finger already." She explains to me. 

"How do you know?" I ask her, confusion lacing my voice. 

"He was really worried that you weren't at school today. Yeah, you've only known each other for a week, but I can see it. It's the way he looks at you when you're doing something else." She explains to me. 

"Are you joking?" I ask her in disbelief.

"I joke about killing myself. What makes you think I'd joke about Vic liking you?" She points out.

"That's cute." I mumble, a small smile creeping onto my lips.

"Now, I don't know for sure but that's what I think." She clarifies. 

"Okay, okay." I say, feeling a little disappointed about him not liking me. 

"So, tell me about that bucket list you have." She asks. She is the only person I told about it. The others know that I want somethings before I die but no one else knows about the bucket list. 

"Do you want to read it?" I ask her. She nods her head excitedly and I go to my room and get  it for her. When I come back, she rips it from my hand and starts reading through it.

"I know I'm not going to get through it all but it's something I've always wanted do with the person I love." I tell her. "If I ever find that person." I add quietly. 

"Kellin," She says just as quiet. "I can tell you that you will find that someone. It may just take some time." She says.

"I feel so pathetic." I laugh sadly, wiping more of the tears away. 

"You're not, buttercup." Bliss says comfortingly. Before I could answer her, I started coughing really bad. Bliss reached over and grabbed me a tissue just in case blood comes up. Which I know i does because I start to taste iron. 

I place the tissue over my mouth and try to take deep breathes in. Bliss is still beside me and rubbing my back soothingly. 

I start to feel bile start to rise in my throat so I throw my oxygen off and run to the nearest thing to vomit in which happened to be the trash can in the kitchen. 

"At least you don't have to worry about getting puke in you hair." Bliss laughs, causing me to laugh dryly with tears cascading down my face. I leaned against the table and rested my head in my arms. 

"Can you take the trash out so it doesn't smell?" I ask her, standing straight and getting a glass of water. She nods and takes the bag out of the trash can and taking it to trash pile outside. To help out a little, I grabbed a new bag and placed it in the can. 

I trudged back to the living room and laid down on the couch. The front door opened and my mom walked through the door. 

"Hey sweetie." She says with a smile but that soon drops when she's able to see my face. "What's wrong?" She asks with worry lacing her voice.

"He just vomited." Bliss answers for me when she walks back into the house.

"I don't want to be s-sick anymore." I sob into the couch. I felt my mom lift my head and place it on her lap.

"I'm gonna go home now. Call me if you need anything." Bliss whispers, kissing the side of my head before walking out of the house. 

"I can't do this anymore. It hurts so much." I sob, sitting up into my mom's embrace.

"What can't you do? Please don't give up." She pleads, reaching up and wiping a tear from her face.

"Can I get cyber schooled?" I ask her when I was able to catch my breath.

"Most definitely. I'll get started with the process after dinner." She answers.

"Thank you." I whisper before putting my oxygen back on and resting my head on my mom's shoulder before closing my eyes and quickly falling asleep. 

---

Shortish chapter but whatever.