twenty-five

jack's pov

my back rested against the wall in the hallway as i waited for savannah to come home.

i've misplaced my keys, and it's been three days since she found out that max got attacked. i just haven't been able to sleep knowing that she's thinks i put him in hospital. yes, i wanted to teach that guy a lesson but there's no way i'd go that far, and savannah needs to realise that.

i heard light footsteps coming down the hallway, so i stood up straight until savannah was in sight. she noticed me but acted as if she didn't, as she reached the door and began unlocking it.

"you haven't been answering my calls" i told her, though she chose to ignore me. "i'm not leaving here until you listen to me".

she finally opened the door, "and who said that you were allowed to call the shots?".

savannah went inside and started shutting the door on me before i could get in, but i quickly held it open.

"i mean it, savs" i spoke, staring down at her shorter height.

"didn't i tell you to stay away from me?".

i scoffed, "and you really think i would listen?".

the defeated expression on her face showed that she stood corrected until she stepped aside to give me some room.

"you have five minutes" savannah informed and i started following her inside the apartment. she settled her things down on the couch, then walked over to the kitchen to sit on one of the bar chairs.

"i didn't do it" i began, watching her scroll through her phone. "i punched max once and that's how i got the bruise on my hand, that's it".

"but you still punched him, jack" she looked up and said.

i took a few haste steps forward, "only because he was messing with me. i mean, you should have heard the things he said about you".

savannah turned away again, paying an even closer attention to her phone. but i know very well that she's not doing it to be rude or because she's mad at me, but because she's actually thinking about every word that i'm saying.

i mean, from here, i can even see that she's scrolled up and down the same instagram feed twice.

"savs, you know me. you've known me for way too long to think that i was capable of doing something like this" i sternly said.

she finally put her phone down, "that's the problem, jack. ever since you cheated on me, i see you as a completely different person now. i don't even know who you are anymore, so i can't trust a single word that comes out of your mouth".

i looked at her in disbelief. i could barely believe that she was the one who was saying to this me, the women that i've loved and known for practically most of my life.

"is this him?" i inquired, narrowing my eyes. "is max making you say this? is he threatening you to not believe me? you can tell me, savs, because if he is, i swear i'll—".

"you'll what? attack him again?" she queried. "just stop, jack. max isn't making me do or say anything, he's not like that! this is just about you and me!".

"...so you're set on this?" i muttered, staring right at her. "you're set on believing that i was the one who attacked max?".

savannah kept quiet, wrapping her arms around herself and shifting in the chair to avoid facing me.

"...then i give up" i said.

she glanced at me, "on what?".

"on this, all of this. this argument, this apartment, this relationship. i'm done trying to make this work with that asshole still in our lives" i told her.

she frowned slightly, whilst i started to give her a hopeful look to say something.

i knew that she wouldn't, but i just figured after hearing what said, she'd realise that i'm not in the wrong.

i took a deep breath, dropping my head at how this is officially over.

i never thought that i'd be the one to ever make this decision. but as long as max is in savannah's life, i can't be apart of it.

"enjoy your life, savs" i spoke, turning around and walking towards the door.

i kept my lips pressed together to avoid the urge to change my mind, as i disappointingly couldn't hear her move an inch to stop me from leaving.

-

no, i'm not crying, i swear. 😭

so, jack's given up on competing with max and savannah doesn't trust his ass no more. but don't think that this means there's no hope for javannah, okay

btw this chapter was short only because i wanted the next one to be like a new beginning.

{vote, comment and share}