epilogue part. 2 of 2

FIVE YEARS LATER....

disrupting my deep slumber, a light weight jumped onto me then continued bouncing up and down against the mattress.

"mommy, mommy! up!" ethan's high pitched voice filled my ears.

i laughed and rubbed my eyes, "i'm awake, sweetie. what's wrong?".

he dropped his bottom lip, "i'm hungry".

i looked at the time on the bedside clock that read 10:13am and furrowed my brows, "well, where's daddy?".

"sleeping".

i rolled my eyes and got out of bed, throwing on my dressing gown and slippers. i took ethan's hand to go downstairs and from the staircase balcony, instantly i spotted jack asleep on the couch with an open children's book on his chest.

i stood in front of him, shaking my head and bent down to ethan's height.

"go ahead and wake him up" i suggested.

ethan glanced at me with excitement then climbed on the couch to franticly jump all over the place.

"daddy!" he yelled, causing jack to immediately jolt out of his sleep.

"huh? i'm not sleeping! where were we?" he hastily picked up the book.

"really, jack?" i questioned with my hand on my hip whilst ethan laughed at his father.

"sorry, i was downstairs working late last night then he woke up and wanted a story" he yawned.

"well, too bad. you don't get any of the delicious chocolate chip pancakes that i'm about to make my special boy" i messed up ethan's hair then walked with him into the kitchen to start cooking.

"i thought that i was your special boy" jack followed us and i playfully glared at him.

i went around the kitchen to find all of the necessary ingredients as jack helped ethan up on his chair. as my back was turned to get the flour and sugar, jack wrapped his arms gently around my waist.

"sorry for not watching him and causing him to wake you up" he pecked my neck and i hummed in response. "do i get some of those pancakes now?".

"yeah, whatever" i responded with a song in my voice.

"yeah whatever" jack mocked, pecking a kiss on my cheek.

he made his way over to the coffee machine to start preparing two drinks for us.

"what time is lauren's baby shower today?" he questioned.

"uh, three. but the girls and i have to be there early to set up before she arrives" i explained, then turned to my son. "are you excited to spend the day with daddy, ethan?".

he nodded extremely fast and cheered, "yeah!".

"we're gonna have a great day, little man. we're going to go down to the toy store where you'll pick out whatever you want" jack told.

jack is always easily persauded when it cones to  ethan, so if ethan wants a new toy, he'll get it. if he wants ice cream and cake for dinner, he'll most likely get it.

"he has enough toys, jack" i sighed whilst cracking the eggs into a bowl. "i bought him one two days ago".

"shhhh" he hushed me, making my brows furrow. "then we're going to head to mcdonalds for lunch then go and visit uncle sammy, uncle nate and uncle zayn to help uncle johnson stop stressing about his wedding plans".

"tell the guys no beer this time" i whisked the pancake ingredients together. "i don't like you all drinking around him".

jack chuckled as he settled a cup of coffee by me, "it was one beer, savs. i didn't even finish mine".

"i don't care. i don't want him seeing that".

"ethan, how about we visit the bar and hit all the hottest clubs in town tonight? possibly even a strip club if we have time" jack glanced at my shocked face and winked - i grabbed a tea towel and started to hit him with it.

"that's not funny" i said, holding back a smile.

"stop stressing, then" he advised. "what's wrong? you're never usually like this when i spend the day with him?".

i turned to him, leaning against the counter as i watched ethan playing with his dinosaur toy on the table.

"it's that promotion rumour going around at work. an assistant writer is getting the head writer job and you know, it wouldn't be so bad to be someone's boss or to get that little extra cash" i spoke.

jack lowered his eyes with a smirk and took a step towards me, "mmm, mrs gilinsky will see you now".

i laughed and squinted my eye in thought, "isn't mrs gilinsky your mom?".

"wow thanks for ruining that for me, babe" he tried to walk away from me, but i pulled him back by his arm.

"aw, i'm sorry. come here" i gave in and kissed him.

he hummed as i pulled away from his lips, staring back at mine with awe. "maybe you could skip the baby shower. i mean, it is her second one. then your mom could take ethan and we could—".

"as tempting as that sounds," i used my finger to push his body away. "i'm not missing my best friend's baby shower - second child or not".

he threw his head back, "fine. come on, ethan let's go watch some cartoons and leave grumpy mommy here to make our pancakes".

jack picked ethan up from the chair and threw him over his shoulder whilst he giggled with fits of laughter at the ride.

"you don't get any, jack" i responded to him.

"i can't hear you!" he sang back then winked, clearly just trying to push my buttons. i shook my head at them, watching jack make our son smile like the happiest child in world.

i always have random moments when i'm in my thoughts and i think back to the cracks that formed in jack and i's relationship over the years.

back then, if someone told me that this would all be my life now, i'd think they were crazy. but i'm happily married to the man that i love, i have the sweetest child, great friends and family nearby and an amazing job.

but if it really took all of that pain and tears to get to all of this, i wouldn't have changed the past one bit.

THE END

-

thank you thank you thank you to everyone who read affair one and affair two - it's been many years. i think since 2015? but we finally got there in the end!

affair one is my most read book and the second book that i ever made on wattpad, so i appreciate the support and love for jack and savannah 😂

i love you all so much and thank you again. i hope my writing skills weren't too bad 😶

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

CHECK OUT AFFAIR 3 - THE SHORT SEQUEL !!!

{vote, comment and share}