Angelic

I blink once, twice. Did she just call me Blackie?

  "What, you don't like your new nickname? I thought it would be good to use it since I probably won't meet another black witch who wouldn't kill me or run the second they realized who I am. You should be glad someone as cute as little me has gifted you with a nickname," she says nonchalantly. It's confirmed: she did call me Blackie.

  I sit, not bothering to answer as I mull over the nickname in my mind. Blackie. Way to make me feel comfortable. Being a black witch isn't exactly a great thing.
Reasons:
-you can't sleep indoors at night due to "illnesses"
-you're constantly being observed or chased down by the council of white witches
-and last but not least, you receive constant hate from most witches, black and white alike

It's not a great life.

  The illnesses I spoke of earlier are a phenomenon that happens to certain black witches when they spend a night indoors. Nausea, vertigo, vomiting and a general panicky feeling of claustrophobia are part of the package. The effects lessen or worsen depending on the moon's cycle. The fuller the moon, the worse you feel. Not that I mind much, I prefer sleeping outside in an airy forest rather than a stuffy, dusty bedroom.

  Back to the main topic. The girl, Shinoa begins to get annoyed at the lack of a response.

  "Yoooo, you deaf or something? Where's my answer?" She smacks my arm lightly, not aggressively, but she does it all the same. I brush her hand away from me. "Geez, someone's salty," she murmurs as she rests her hand back on the cafeteria table. "You're not one for talking are you?"

  "You think?!" I finally answer. I spoke a bit louder than I had meant to as I noticed heads turning our way. Shinoa seemed happy that I had finally spoken.

  "Oh! You're not all that quiet at all. Reserved, but definitely not quiet. You can't deny that after you just yelled so loud in the cafeteria," she tells me. How did she come up with that conclusion?

  "You haven't even met me before today, how would you know aynthi-"

CRASH

  A loud shattering noise rebounds off the solid concrete of the cafeteria walls, coaxing out a few screams and yelps from some of the younger children. Shinoa's head snaps immediately in the direction of the noise. I don't react at all; I don't care.

  Shinoa jumps to her feet with an excited yet curious expression on her face. She stares with expectancy dripping of her face. ...why is she looking at me like that? I already have a bad feeling about where this is going.

  "Hey, Blackie. Wanna go find out what that noise was?" She asks me. Please no, I just want to eat my lunch.

  "Actually, I don't particularly want to go..." I try to get out of it.

  "Don't care. You're coming anyways." She grabs my arm and practically drags me out the cafeteria doors. I couldn't resist. That girl is surprisingly strong. 

                         ?¿?¿

  A few twists and turns down hallways I didn't even know existed we found the creator of the noise. A window pane that had stretched along the length of the wall had been shatter right through the middle, a large chunk missing. If I tried I could've probably fit myself through. A few men are disdainfully picking up shards of glass while a teacher stands nearby, muttering something about someone dumb.

  Shinoa lets her curiosity get the better of her and picks up a shard of glass to examine. I don't make a move to stop her. Why would I? Curiosity killed the cat. Hopefully Shinoa was the cat. An annoying cat.

  Shinoa looks towards the teacher. She speaks out loud.

  "What caused this?" Her voice is laced with the need to find out. The teacher, who should seriously cut down on the midnight snacks, sighs.

  "There was this kid, I don't know who he was who was running around inside of the school. I'm pretty sure he wasn't even a student here, can you believe that?" Shinoa nods slowly, waiting for him to continue, "this kid, he's running and there were these two adults coming after him, must've been his parents or something, but the kid totally freaks out and jumps through the window. I know you're a kid too, but you do understand just how crazy that is right?" Shinoa smiles and and claps her hands together.

  "That is really crazy! What did the kid look like?" She asks, her curious nature not yet sated.

  "Well, I couldn't really tell you their gender, but they had beautiful blond hair and the bluest eyes you would ever see. They would've been angelic-looking, if not for the window." The teacher adds.

  Shinoa's smile grows.

  "Angelic, huh." She looks out the window as if the kid might still be out there, waiting to be seen. She then begins walking back towards where we came from, happy with the story she had been told. I tag along behind her not wanting to get lost by myself on the way back. The teacher watches us walk away and gives a joyful wave, delighted that someone took such an interest in what he had to say.

  As I walk, I wish in my mind that I could be like that kid who broke through the window. Even if I was being chased by someone at least I would be free from this hell hole called school.

Well, here's the new part. It's not much, but oh well. I hope at least one of you out there enjoys it.