Chapter 5 : Birthday Surprises

It was the twins birthday. Somehow, our fears have subside since our stalker did stop just last week. Well, we can't be too complacent about it, cause we know that he might come back.

"Dada, come out! Where's our ice cream?" Jimmy shouts from the garden,

"Wait up, munchkin!" I replied

The party was a mess, but it was super fun. I expected it from our boys.

Xander provided all the party needs. He was a great comedian too. Robin kept his promise bringing the less fortunate kids here to have some joy in their young minds. Well, Denmark and Johnny were busy as usual. Five minutes, they're in the party, the next five they're gone.

Carol and I were the busy bees in the kitchen. I baked some cakes while Carol handles our menu. The kids loved her superb cooking.

The kids play through our "not so secret" garden, but of course, keeping them away from the well, and the cliffs.

"Here's your ice cream, little prince. Where's your brother?" I asked Jimmy

"Dada, Tony is with Papa. They go to the beautiful flowers, there!" He said pointing the east's direction.

"Okay, I'll fetch them. Have fun okay? And make new friends," I kissed his cheek and waved goodbye.

I made my way through the garden and try to look for them.

=======================================================

It was our birthday, and I am so happy that Papa makes it. I overheard Dada talking to Aunt Carol about Papa going home late.

I love having Papa around. It's not that I don't like my Dada, I love them both. Whenever Papa is around, I felt secured, maybe because he is a policeman and he fight bad guys.

"Tony! Tony!" A kid shouts

"Oh, Mikey, thanks for coming to our birthday," I said

"Your party is great. Can I ask you something?" He shyly asked me

"Yes, what's that?"

"Where's your mommy? I haven't seen her around,"

"What's a mommy? I don't have one. I only have my Dada, my Papa, my grandparents, uncles and aunts." I replied

"You don't have a mother?" He asked me again

"No, I don't have one," I said with a head shake

"Do you know what a mom do?" He asked then I shook my head as a no.

"My mom wakes me up everyday, she cooks breakfast, she takes care of me when I am sick, she drives me to school, she do the household chores and waits for me and my daddy to come home and greets us with a kiss," he said smiling.

"That's what mommy do?" I asked

"Yes, how about in your house? Does your grandparents wakes you up in the morning?" Mikey asked

"When we moved here, yes, but in our house in the city, it was my Dada who wakes us up every morning." I replied

"Hey, have you opened your birthday presents? Can I see your toys?" He asked

"Sure, let's find Jimmy first then we'll open our gifts," I said smiling then ran off inside the mansion. I am still thinking about what Mikey asked me. Where is our mommy?

=======================================================

As I made my way to the garden, I overheard my husband talking to someone. It's not my type to eavesdrop but since I am here, why not.